So I got out of bed the other day and had to do a funky leap over my dog to avoid stepping on her. I immediately felt a pull in my right hip, somewhere between my gluteus and my lumbar region, right at the gluteus medius, towards the outside. It's sore today, and I have a performance Saturday a several classes between now and then, including a workshop to attend.
Any tips for relaxing that muscle? I had 2 classes last night and walked 2 miles, couldn't do anything about that, but I tried to take it easier than usual in class. Would a nice long soak with epsom salt help? Or is that just a bandaid?
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Hurting Hip Help...
11-05-2008 07:18 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Tennessee, USA
- Blog Entries
Hurting Hip Help...
11-05-2008 07:48 AM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
Re: Hurting Hip Help...
I know I sound like a broken record on this, but a skilled trigger point massage therapist can work wonders.
I injured my hip one morning a couple of weeks ago and by midday I couldn't even sit upright or drive without agony. Got in to see my trigger point therapist in the afternoon, and walked out feeling not much better. But that night I danced at a bachelorette party until 2am!!
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By Zepora in forum Belly Dance Beauty & CostumingReplies: 3Last Post: 10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
By Lilaravena in forum Belly Dance Beauty & CostumingReplies: 24Last Post: 10-14-2008, 08:31 AM
By tigerb in forum Belly Dance Instructor CenterReplies: 25Last Post: 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM
- Jul 12:Salimpour Certification Intensives Summer 2015: Levels 1, 2, & 3
- Jul 17:Serkan Tutar gives workshops in Greece, Crete!
- Jul 18:MidSummer Belly Dance!
- Jul 19:Sameda faire 2015
- Jul 20:Salimpour Certification Intensives Summer 2015: Levels 1, 2, & 3
- Jul 24:Serkan Tutar performe and gives workshops in Spain!
- Jul 30:Bellydance Masters
- Aug 07:JamBallah NW Festival
- Aug 14:The Cincinnati Belly Dance Convention
- Aug 28:Tour Egypt and Attend Dom-Tack Festival with Scheherezade Imports
- Aug 29:Middle Eastern Dance Workshops and Performance with Sahra Saeeda!
- Sep 01:Lasyar Attar - the Essence of Feminine Grace
- Sep 10:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive & Festival
- Nov 06:Sahra Saeeda JTE 1 in Cincinnati
- Dec 13:Jillina Is Coming to the Dominican Republic
- Jun/18/15 - Topkapi Turquoise and Pink, gold and silver, coins
- "Florals with a Flair" Pharaonics Dress
- Heart and Butterfly, 'Crystal' Fringe
- Lavender & Lilac Dress, One-of-a-Kind
- NEW Body Stocking
- Body Stocking - SOLD
- Purple Stunner from Joharah International
- Dabke 101
- Coin Belt
- Gorgeous Silver Coin belt (40 inches)
- Red Chiffon Skirt
- White Bra/Belt (with pants)
- Stunning Black & White Costume Set (Anastasiya's Design)
- Beautiful Black & Gold Costume
- Threads 43,062
- Posts 606,304
- Members 38,612
- Welcome to our newest member, KiannaOctaviay