Silk Fan Veils
(for dancers in all disciplines)
Saturday October 30th, 2010
2:00pm - 4:30pm
Green Street Studios, Studio #2
185 Green St., Cambridge MA 02139
Registration fee: $35 in advance (via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed check*)
$40 at the door (cash only)
(2.5 hours of class, including intensive upper body warm-up, snack break, stretch)
*Registration limited to 14 dancers, due to space constraints. First come first served.
Please email email@example.com, or call 781-962-1983 to mail a check.
Meiver will teach technique, maneuvers, and movements for dancing with long fan silk veils. This beautiful, new, and exciting prop is quite challenging but worth the time to learn it - as it adds incredible dimension, color, and intensity to any performance. The technique covered will assume dancers have never worked with fan veils, and work up complexity as the class progresses, and will be useful with belly dance as well as other styles of dance. Dancers who want to review technique and expand movement vocabulary with fan veils will also be challenged with new material. Your fan veils should be between 55 and 80 inches in length (90 inch-long veils can be covered in an advanced workshop). Shorter fan veils (or flutters) will not be appropriate for this workshop. The beauty of fan veils in motion will inspire you to create emotive new dances, the technique will strengthen your arms and upper body, the dancing will engage your back, arms, core, turns, and floor patterns.
*There will be a few fan veils available to purchase during the workshop. Contact instructor if you'd like to hold one of these fans for purchase in advance. Please make sure your fans are made with bamboo staves (which is lighter than most plastic) - and that your pair includes a right and a left hand fan. Many of the cheap kinds are made of plastic or play wood and are both right-handed fans. Meiver can advise you on where to order fans in a range of price scales and quality.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
10-08-2010 03:06 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
In Cambridge, MA: Silk Fan Veil workshop by Meiver!
10-11-2010 09:40 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
Re: In Cambridge, MA: Silk Fan Veil workshop by Meiver!
If you are interested in this workshop, please sign up ASAP. It's filling very quickly.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By DiosaBellaLuna in forum In search of something belly danceReplies: 9Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
- Jun 22:Workshop with Aziza Nawal & Chattanooga Raqs show
- Jun 22:Planet Egypt with Live Music June 2013
- Jun 22:Workshop with Yasmine!
- Jun 23:A Mid-Summer Dance
- Jun 28:5 day Master Workshop with Samara in New York City
- Jun 29:Karim Nagi, Omaris & Paula in DR
- Jun 29:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jun 30:Karim Nagi - Workshops
- Jun 30:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jun 30:Samara presents a Spectacular Evening
- Jul 01:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jul 02:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jul 07:Workshop with Vashti and Medea
- Jul 11:Khamsin Festival
- Jul 11:International Bellydance Competition
- Tan Gold/ Bronze costume - LOTS of fringe! $150
- Mermaids for Covenant Hospice
- Turqoise Silk 2-piece
- Moon Haven Studio, 30736
- Stunning silver-blue Eman Zaki with magic cups - SOLD
- Black costume - Brazilian design
- looking for classes/ teacher!
- Classes around chicago~~~
- Five Free Leggings
- Cristianno of Brazil Green costume
- Classes in & around San Juan Capistrano or Misson Viejo (California)?
- Black Cristtianno from Brazil Costume
- Hanan Saidi/Folk Dress
- Teacher Recommendations - in/around San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Blue and Black Striped Saidi Dress
- Threads 43,758
- Posts 636,445
- Members 36,413
- Welcome to our newest member, harperstephen