Just got advance notice from Phaedra of this workshop in NYC, April 8-10 2011!!
A Dance Seminar Dedicated to the Legacy of Ibrahim Farrah
Ibrahim Farrah touched many lives, including those of dancers who may
be unaware of the fact that their learned techniques can be traced
back to the work of this great master.
He was an original and an innovator in the world of Oriental and
Folkloric Near Eastern Dance as a Performer/Choreographer/Teacher and
Don't miss this rare opportunity to study the method, technique and
choreographies of the late great Middle Eastern Dance Master. The
seminar will be taught by first and second generation
dancers/proteges/colleagues, who were intensively trained by Ibrahim
Farrah and were members of his dance company.
PHAEDRA, ELENA LENTINI, JAJOUKA, SAMARA, JEHAN KAMAL, MISH MISH BIN'T
AMIRA, SHERRY ROSE
Other activities for that weekend include
Reception for Workshop Participants
Panel Discussion : (participants to be announced)
Gallery Talk : on the new Ancient Egyptian exhbition: Haremhab, The
General Who Became King, with Dr. Phyllis Saretta At the Metropolitan
Museum of Art.
Hafla : Guest Artists to be announced
The seminar is geared not only to those who studied with Ibrahim
Farrah, but also to the new generation of dancers who never had the
opportunity of studying with him.
The classes will be held in the beautiful MMAC Studios in midtown
Manhattan. 248 West 60th between 10th &11th Ave
Flyer with details will follow!
For Further Information email Phaedra at email@example.com or Samara at
or call 212 582-6149
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
12-20-2010 11:46 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2001
Legacy of Ibrahim Farrah Seminar in NYC April 8-10 2011
Last edited by bintbeled; 12-21-2010 at 07:59 AM.Latifa's School of Middle Eastern Dance
12-21-2010 10:19 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- Dallas, Tx
- Blog Entries
Re: Legacy of Ibrahim Farrah Seminar in NYC April 8-10 2011
This sounds wonderful!
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By Amar in forum Belly Dance Product News and ReviewsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM
By joanneraks in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 56Last Post: 09-20-2010, 02:14 PM
By Amar in forum Belly Dance Product News and ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:02 PM
- Jun 20:Egypt 2013 with Leyla Zahar & Mohamed El Sayed
- Jun 20:Tribal Revolution
- Jun 20:Portland Mid East Camp - music, dance, sustainability
- Jun 22:Workshop with Aziza Nawal & Chattanooga Raqs show
- Jun 22:Planet Egypt with Live Music June 2013
- Jun 22:Workshop with Yasmine!
- Jun 28:5 day Master Workshop with Samara in New York City
- Jun 29:Karim Nagi, Omaris & Paula in DR
- Jun 29:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jun 30:Karim Nagi - Workshops
- Jun 30:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jun 30:Samara presents a Spectacular Evening
- Jul 01:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jul 02:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jul 07:Workshop with Vashti and Medea
- Tan Gold/ Bronze costume - LOTS of fringe! $150
- MOHAMED SHAHIN DVDs
- Mermaids for Covenant Hospice
- Moon Haven Studio, 30736
- Stunning silver-blue Eman Zaki with magic cups - SOLD
- Pink 3 panel satin skirt
- Black costume - Brazilian design
- looking for classes/ teacher!
- Classes around chicago~~~
- Five Free Leggings
- Cristianno of Brazil Green costume
- Classes in & around San Juan Capistrano or Misson Viejo (California)?
- Black Cristtianno from Brazil Costume
- Hanan Saidi/Folk Dress
- Teacher Recommendations - in/around San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Threads 43,741
- Posts 636,351
- Members 36,410
- Welcome to our newest member, durahrakyum