I'm Brice. I'm technically in New Mexico, but I'm moving in a week, so...
I've been dancing for about... oh, goodness, four years. So I'm no pro but I consider myself slightly past newbie (slightly!).
I started dancing when I lived in a very rural town in New Mexico, with no teacher in sight. Basically I learned from DVDs and bounced movements off my former roommate for review whenever she came to visit us (who knew your hands are supposed to stay still when you shoulder shimmy?).
I've performed a handful of times: at a party, at a hafla, and at Albuquerque's Pride festival this summer.
I consider my style mostly tribal fusion, though I've been taking classes on the ITS format and plan to further my education in typical tribal once I move (with TribalTique, if they'll have me). I really like the aesthetic (well, I like all things shiny, but particularly when they're in tribal fusion form).
Other stuff: I'm married (for a little over a year), I'm an undergrad business student, I'm 21, I'm planning on being a physical therapist if this whole dancing-for-a-living thing doesn't work out, and on my free time when I'm not dancing I'm usually writing.
Oh, and I talk a whole heck of a lot, so brace yourselves for future essays.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Denver 2: Electric Boogaloo
08-06-2011 03:28 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
Denver 2: Electric Boogaloo
08-08-2011 07:18 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Papua New Guinea
Re: Denver 2: Electric Boogaloo
Hello Brice! *waves*
You can talk as much as you like, we read fast.I'd like to give you some moral advice, but I have questionable morals.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By Nazarah in forum In search of something belly danceReplies: 5Last Post: 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
By tanith in forum Music Traditions & StylesReplies: 22Last Post: 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
By norma in forum Music Traditions & StylesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM
By khadiya in forum Belly Dance Beauty & CostumingReplies: 13Last Post: 10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
- May 30:WAMED Festival, Perth May 30-Jun 3 2013
- May 31:Austin Belly Dance Convention (ABDC)
- Jun 01:Soraya Zayed Dinner & Dance Show
- Jun 01:Soraya Zayed (aka Soraia Zaied) Teaches & Performs in CA
- Jun 06:The New York Theatrical Bellydance Conference 2013
- Jun 06:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 07:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 08:"Cairo By Night" June 8th at Arabesque
- Jun 08:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 08:Detroit Art of Belly Dance
- Jun 09:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 13:A-Z Biennial Event, USA 2013
- Jun 13:Keti Sharif - A-Z Teacher Training & Community Dance Workshops
- Jun 14:HOSSAM RAMZY AND SERENA. Workshop and show in Mexico City
- Jun 14:Jewels Of the Orient Bellydance & Wellness Festival
- Soheir Zaki and Zizi Mustafa
- Jewel-tone Purple Egyptian Dress
- Seashells!! Red & Blue Egyptian Cabaret
- Tomato Red Costume
- Turkish Lime Green
- FLIRTY SKIRTY Professional Tribal Fusion Vintage Lace Slit Skirt Belly Dance Costume
- Razia Star, London, England
- getting and using pics from parties/with audience in
- Red Asi Haskal - No Longer Available
- Beautiful Esmeralda-style Purple Skirt
- Raqia Hassan/Shereen el Safy DVD recommendations wanted
- ALMAZ, Kuala Lumpur
- Burgundy Rhinestone Costume $195 OBO (D Cup Bra, Medium skirt) - SOLD
- ma adarsh ala keda/makdarsh info
- Skirt Set: Black Mermaid Skirt with Gold Sequin Embroidery, Lycra, Lace $95 (Medium)
- Threads 43,366
- Posts 633,038
- Members 36,128
- Welcome to our newest member, bennyreader0