Amira of Las Vegas speaks with us about her extensive prenatal belly dance DVD: Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy which is available for immediate download at www.Bhuz.tv
Why did you want to make the program available for download on
Amira: This DVD is my “baby”, I’m very proud of myself for making it and I
put my heart into it, so, every outlet I can find to make it available
for the world I use. Thank you BHUZ TV for making it available for
downloads first time ever.
What inspired you to make Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy
Amira: I’ve been intrigued by the idea of birth and belly dance relation for a
long time. Years ago when I first found out that belly dance sort of
is “birth dance” it just all made so much more sense to me. I promised
myself that if I ever get pregnant then this is what I will do- belly
dance through my pregnancy and through birth, and so I did.
To be honest, I’ve always been leery about western medical system
in general, and after seeing a movie “Business of being born” my
decision to stay away from doctors and hospitals during my own
pregnancy and birth was absolutely certain. So, in 2008 when I found
myself pregnant, I wholeheartedly dove into deep research of the
roots of belly dance and birth. I read probably every article written
about it, watched every video I could get hold of at the time (there
was not many) and based on that I wrote the script for my own DVD.
The original idea was to make 1,5 hour video but so it happened that
the project culminated into 3,5 hours worth of material and I had to
hold myself back not to make it even longer. So, I now tell people that
giving birth to my baby was piece of cake next to the hard work I put
into making this video, LOL. I do hope therefore that this material I
have put together will provide missing pieces to answers many of us
have had, and my ultimate hope is that it will give women strength to
stand up for themselves, find confidence and courage to do what we
are naturally designed to do- give birth and trust our own instincts.
I gave birth at home with candlelight surrounded by few loving people,
I used belly dance moves to get me through contractions, and it was
the most beautiful experience I’ve ever had. And since I had no drugs,
doctors or interventions I also had no complications, no tears, no
infections, no side-effects, no trauma, no seconds thoughts, no doubts
and no regrets.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-16-2011 09:54 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2000
- Blog Entries
Amira's Bhuz TV interview - Prenatal!
02-16-2011 09:56 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2000
- Blog Entries
Re: Amira's Bhuz TV interview - Prenatal!
What has the response from your viewers been like?
Amira: The response has been tremendously warm and rewarding, it just
makes all this hard work worth a while by receiving emails from
women who have indeed found inspiration and help from this
video. A lot of men who have gotten it for their wives have written
and thanked me and it is very heartwarming. The DVD has been
reviewed by several prestigious pregnancy magazines and belongs to
many “recommended videos” lists.
Is this program beneficial to dancers or teachers who are not currently
Amira: Absolutely, since this video includes a lot of history of belly dance,
and rarely seen images, it makes this video definitely valuable for
anyone interested in finding out more about belly dance and its roots.
Exercises in the video are gentle, therefore perfect for anyone trying to
recover from an injury or looking for low impact workout. Among many
other benefits, these exercises strengthen pelvic floor muscles and
help you to relax. Anybody looking to teach pre-natal classes could
also greatly benefit from this video.
You can find Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy at www.Bhuz.tv
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By Avradoorn in forum Belly Dance Product News and ReviewsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM
By Rosey in forum Bhuz.TVReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
By Sa_ada in forum Belly Dance Instructor CenterReplies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
By Nadirah Dance in forum Belly Dance Beauty & CostumingReplies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2008, 05:40 AM
- Dec 10:KL - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif
- Dec 12:London - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif
- Dec 14:Belly Dance Soiree & Holiday Bazaar
- Dec 14:Jewels of Bellydance
- Dec 14:Spicebox
- Dec 15:Jewels of Bellydance
- Dec 15:NYC: Ranya Renee's 9th Annual Holiday Gala
- Dec 17:Geneva - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif 'Artist's Web'
- Dec 24:Club Bellydance @ The Josephine Theater in San Antonio, Texas
- Dec 27:Anna Borisova Intensive Workshops and Gala Show
- Dec 28:Cairo - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif 'Artist's Web'
- Jan 07:Master Class with Bozenka
- Jan 12:Barakaat Belly Dance Company Auditions in Baltimore 2014!
- Jan 18:Ahlam Men Cairo
- Jan 24:East Coast Classic Competition & Festival
- Chiffon Bella Veils
- Mary Ellen Donald starting new drumming class January 2014
- NEW seagreen/lilac bellydance costume, Cup B - small C, 200 €
- Black Christina Skirt, Royal Blue Christina Skirt, Turquoise Christina Skirt with Veils and Anything Else That comes with it :-)
- Safran DNC, Tallinn
- ISO CD Tony Mouzayek Orient Vol. 20
- 2014: Amel Tafsout in San Francisco January 25
- Silver Sword Scimitar
- Yasser Furball Costume
- Black lycra costume from shimmyshop, 250€ + shipping
- Stunning high end red BELLA 590€ + shipping
- Royal Blue, Teal and Pink 7 piece bra and belt set - SOLD
- Red bra and belt set - SOLD
- Amazing Crimson Pharaonics- perfect for the holiday season!!
- Looking for Ansuya video
- Threads 45,961
- Posts 654,599
- Members 37,393
- Welcome to our newest member, juliobulte