Amira of Las Vegas speaks with us about her extensive prenatal belly dance DVD: Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy which is available for immediate download at www.Bhuz.tv
Why did you want to make the program available for download on
Amira: This DVD is my “baby”, I’m very proud of myself for making it and I
put my heart into it, so, every outlet I can find to make it available
for the world I use. Thank you BHUZ TV for making it available for
downloads first time ever.
What inspired you to make Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy
Amira: I’ve been intrigued by the idea of birth and belly dance relation for a
long time. Years ago when I first found out that belly dance sort of
is “birth dance” it just all made so much more sense to me. I promised
myself that if I ever get pregnant then this is what I will do- belly
dance through my pregnancy and through birth, and so I did.
To be honest, I’ve always been leery about western medical system
in general, and after seeing a movie “Business of being born” my
decision to stay away from doctors and hospitals during my own
pregnancy and birth was absolutely certain. So, in 2008 when I found
myself pregnant, I wholeheartedly dove into deep research of the
roots of belly dance and birth. I read probably every article written
about it, watched every video I could get hold of at the time (there
was not many) and based on that I wrote the script for my own DVD.
The original idea was to make 1,5 hour video but so it happened that
the project culminated into 3,5 hours worth of material and I had to
hold myself back not to make it even longer. So, I now tell people that
giving birth to my baby was piece of cake next to the hard work I put
into making this video, LOL. I do hope therefore that this material I
have put together will provide missing pieces to answers many of us
have had, and my ultimate hope is that it will give women strength to
stand up for themselves, find confidence and courage to do what we
are naturally designed to do- give birth and trust our own instincts.
I gave birth at home with candlelight surrounded by few loving people,
I used belly dance moves to get me through contractions, and it was
the most beautiful experience I’ve ever had. And since I had no drugs,
doctors or interventions I also had no complications, no tears, no
infections, no side-effects, no trauma, no seconds thoughts, no doubts
and no regrets.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-16-2011 08:54 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2000
- Blog Entries
Amira's Bhuz TV interview - Prenatal!
02-16-2011 08:56 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2000
- Blog Entries
Re: Amira's Bhuz TV interview - Prenatal!
What has the response from your viewers been like?
Amira: The response has been tremendously warm and rewarding, it just
makes all this hard work worth a while by receiving emails from
women who have indeed found inspiration and help from this
video. A lot of men who have gotten it for their wives have written
and thanked me and it is very heartwarming. The DVD has been
reviewed by several prestigious pregnancy magazines and belongs to
many “recommended videos” lists.
Is this program beneficial to dancers or teachers who are not currently
Amira: Absolutely, since this video includes a lot of history of belly dance,
and rarely seen images, it makes this video definitely valuable for
anyone interested in finding out more about belly dance and its roots.
Exercises in the video are gentle, therefore perfect for anyone trying to
recover from an injury or looking for low impact workout. Among many
other benefits, these exercises strengthen pelvic floor muscles and
help you to relax. Anybody looking to teach pre-natal classes could
also greatly benefit from this video.
You can find Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy at www.Bhuz.tv
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By Avradoorn in forum Belly Dance Product News and ReviewsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
By Rosey in forum Bhuz.TVReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2011, 02:03 PM
By Sa_ada in forum Belly Dance Instructor CenterReplies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
By Nadirah Dance in forum Belly Dance Beauty & CostumingReplies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2008, 04:40 AM
- Jul 31:Bellydance Masters
- Aug 01:Dalia Carella Summer Immersion
- Aug 02:Shimmy in the Grain 2014: Belly Dance Smorgasbord Ft. Sonya of Chicago, Stefanie Masters, Na'imah of Grand Rapids and Arielle Juliette
- Aug 02:Polish Your Skills!
- Aug 02:Sequins and Shimmies Belly Dance Show
- Aug 03:Dalia Carella Summer Immersion Gala Show
- Aug 03:WAMEDA Swap Meet
- Aug 08:Pyramid Road Intensive with Virginia and Amir Thaleb
- Aug 15:The Cincinnati Belly Dance Convention
- Aug 17:Sahara Dance Carnival: Dancing through the Decades
- Aug 24:Persian Dance Choreography with Katayoun
- Aug 29:TARAZADE- the Istanbul Festival
- Sep 04:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- Sep 05:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- Sep 06:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- Isis Wings with Phoenix DVD $22
- Purple Chiffon Skirt and Veil Set with sequins and beads
- Custom Black, Magenta & Hearts <3
- Song ID
- Mirrored and Embroidered Gujarati Choli
- REDUCED! Black,Magenta&Hearts <3
- Has anyone tried Horus and Isis zills?
- DVD de Danse Orientale
- Gorgeous 8 piece Pharonics of Egypt costume
- Pink and Gold Assuit Design Costume $340
- Magic Habibi Ball
- Gauging Interest - Michelle Joyce's Gorgeous Gold Bella
- Yellow/Orange with leopard print Egyptian costume for sale (used)
- Classy Black & Gold Turkish Designer costume $550
- egyptian themed music from 1920's and 1930's
- Threads 40,656
- Posts 591,031
- Members 38,019
- Welcome to our newest member, Michaeleo