Okay, I'm a long term insomniac. All my life I have had difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, coupled with nightmares & night terrors. I have PTSD and anxiety related issues that effect my sleep. My current sleep cycle is also complicated by a hormone suppression therapy that I am undergoing to treat endometriosis, insomnia being a side effect. I've done all kinds of natural sleep therapy and have been able, at times, to sleep chem-free. But for 20 out of my 33 years, I have primarily needed a chemical sleep aid to manage my sleep cycle. I enjoyed almost 2 years of chem-free sleep recently, but for the past year or so, I am back on sleep cycle that relies on a sleep aid for a variety of reasons.
I don't want advice on natural sleep vs. chem-assisted sleep. I know the risks, benefits, and debate. Right now, I'm on a chem-assisted sleep cycle and that's that. I thank you in advance for accepting my decision to go the pharmaceutical route and focusing on prescription/western sleep aids.
I've always/ mostly relied on ambien for chem-assisted sleep. I have used melatonin successfully for a more natural assisted sleep in previous phases when I have been able to attempt chem-free sleep. My doctor recently suggested trying rozerem which is a pharmaceutical version of melatonin.
I'm looking for folks to share their experiences--plusses and deltas--with rozerem and/or other prescription sleep aids for long-term insomnia & night-terrors. I'm particularly concerned about the hormonal side effects that rozerem users have reported. I have follow up calls into both my psych. practitioner and my ob/gyn to address these questions but Bhuzzers always know so much more...
If you have ideas to share that are more personal or private, please PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s:: I hope!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-01-2010 08:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-02-2010 07:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
Re: Talk to me about: Rozerem
Thanks so far to all the folks who've sent info via PM! Please keep the thoughts and feedback coming. And I promise to update on my experience.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By aazura in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 14Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
- Feb 05:Orient de Luxe 2015
- Feb 06:ANAR DANA Cultural Evening: Ferghana, Uzbekistan
- Feb 08:Stage Props Workshop with Alanah & Yowalka
- Feb 13:Valentine's Day Bellydance Cruise BDUC 2015
- Feb 14:Belly Dance of the Universe Competition
- Feb 14:Rachel Brice Retreat: The HeART of Belly Dance in Costa Rica
- Feb 28:Raqs Eleganza and Egyptian Drum and Dance Intensive with Shahrzad and Marshall
- Mar 06:Master Classes with Yasmina Ramzy
- Mar 14:Mohamed Shahin workshops and gala show Milwaukee
- Mar 15:Star Bellydancer Canada Competition 2015
- Mar 31:Istanbul: Dance and Music Study Tour to Turkey
- Apr 11:Master Classes with Karim Nagi of Turbo Tabla!
- Apr 11:Zereh Presents Middle Eastern Dance with Virginia
- Apr 16:NYCairo Raks Festival 2015
- Apr 24:Raqia Hassan April Intensive
- Gold-on-Gold Egyptian Costume-- Brand New-- $90
- Bozenka's Fernando Corona Costume - SOLD
- Inspired by Fatima Haibib - Green print - SOLD
- Beautiful Black Print!
- Plus Size Egyptian dress - black and blue - $325
- Panel over Skirt made from Sari material ($20.00)
- Copper and Bronze Vintage Bedlah- $75
- Black and Silver Workhorse Costume
- ISO Navy royal w/blk overlay or black iris beaded/sequin skirt short length
- Shaabi Recommendations?
- SOLD Ninja Tee, Queen of Hearts Shirt, Belly Diva Tank
- Salimpour Certification Intensives Summer 2015: Levels 1, 2, & 3 , Sessions Occuring July 12 thru August 14, 2015
- Pink Bella Bedlah - SOLD
- Apricot Mango Bedlah Bra and Belt Set super Fringe
- Limited Edition Nude Melodias
- Threads 42,048
- Posts 601,062
- Members 38,386
- Welcome to our newest member, zeharasnakedancer