Okay, I'm a long term insomniac. All my life I have had difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, coupled with nightmares & night terrors. I have PTSD and anxiety related issues that effect my sleep. My current sleep cycle is also complicated by a hormone suppression therapy that I am undergoing to treat endometriosis, insomnia being a side effect. I've done all kinds of natural sleep therapy and have been able, at times, to sleep chem-free. But for 20 out of my 33 years, I have primarily needed a chemical sleep aid to manage my sleep cycle. I enjoyed almost 2 years of chem-free sleep recently, but for the past year or so, I am back on sleep cycle that relies on a sleep aid for a variety of reasons.
I don't want advice on natural sleep vs. chem-assisted sleep. I know the risks, benefits, and debate. Right now, I'm on a chem-assisted sleep cycle and that's that. I thank you in advance for accepting my decision to go the pharmaceutical route and focusing on prescription/western sleep aids.
I've always/ mostly relied on ambien for chem-assisted sleep. I have used melatonin successfully for a more natural assisted sleep in previous phases when I have been able to attempt chem-free sleep. My doctor recently suggested trying rozerem which is a pharmaceutical version of melatonin.
I'm looking for folks to share their experiences--plusses and deltas--with rozerem and/or other prescription sleep aids for long-term insomnia & night-terrors. I'm particularly concerned about the hormonal side effects that rozerem users have reported. I have follow up calls into both my psych. practitioner and my ob/gyn to address these questions but Bhuzzers always know so much more...
If you have ideas to share that are more personal or private, please PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s:: I hope!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-01-2010 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-02-2010 06:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Re: Talk to me about: Rozerem
Thanks so far to all the folks who've sent info via PM! Please keep the thoughts and feedback coming. And I promise to update on my experience.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By aazura in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 14Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
- Apr 18:ZAHRA ZUHAIR in Indianapolis!
- Apr 18:Princess Farhana and Issam Housham in Oregon!
- Apr 24:Sahara Dance presents the 12th annual "Under a Desert Moon" Gala: 1001 Dances of Love!
- Apr 25:Weekend with Zahra Zuhair!
- May 01:Romani(gypsy) dance festival in Turkey
- May 03:Istanbul Gypsy Festival
- May 03:ANNUAL Atlanta SEEDs Gala and Fundraiser
- May 03:Leyla Amir Workshop
- May 03:Maria Strova Los Angeles Seminar: Dancing the Passionate Salome
- May 09:30th annual Shimmy by the Sea
- May 10:Shimmy Mob
- May 10:World Belly Dance Day Fundraiser for Haven
- May 13:Tribal Fest® 14
- May 17:ZAFIRAH presents FERESHTEH HOSSEINI!
- May 23:11th Dahab Holiday Dance Festival
- Beautiful Maroon L/XL Costume - SOLD
- OAK Taksim Sim Eggplant/Wine & White- Elegant!! - No Longer Available
- One-of-a-Kind Oriental Set
- Teal Pharonics
- Belly Dance Costume Harem Pants Black Unique Design Beaded Embroidery
- Gold and Black Bra and Belt Set
- Black/Tuquoise $400 plus $17 shipping US buyers only pls
- Turquoise Pharaonics "Enchanted Bouquet"
- Pharaonics of Egypt Icicles
- Best Quality Full of Beads Brand New Egyptian Hip Scarf for Belly Dancing
- MetalGypsy Productions & Miss Linda's Dance Studio, Safety Harbor, FL 34695
- Multi-color Sharifwear Top NEW Large size
- SNOW LEOPARD black and white bra and skirt C/D cup
- ISO - Amira Mor CD - Bellydancing With Amira Mor
- Raqia Hassan Black w/Green Orange/Silver $150 plush shipping $17 US only pls
- Threads 39,572
- Posts 583,652
- Members 37,806
- Welcome to our newest member, JosseCunhaa