Okay, I'm a long term insomniac. All my life I have had difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, coupled with nightmares & night terrors. I have PTSD and anxiety related issues that effect my sleep. My current sleep cycle is also complicated by a hormone suppression therapy that I am undergoing to treat endometriosis, insomnia being a side effect. I've done all kinds of natural sleep therapy and have been able, at times, to sleep chem-free. But for 20 out of my 33 years, I have primarily needed a chemical sleep aid to manage my sleep cycle. I enjoyed almost 2 years of chem-free sleep recently, but for the past year or so, I am back on sleep cycle that relies on a sleep aid for a variety of reasons.
I don't want advice on natural sleep vs. chem-assisted sleep. I know the risks, benefits, and debate. Right now, I'm on a chem-assisted sleep cycle and that's that. I thank you in advance for accepting my decision to go the pharmaceutical route and focusing on prescription/western sleep aids.
I've always/ mostly relied on ambien for chem-assisted sleep. I have used melatonin successfully for a more natural assisted sleep in previous phases when I have been able to attempt chem-free sleep. My doctor recently suggested trying rozerem which is a pharmaceutical version of melatonin.
I'm looking for folks to share their experiences--plusses and deltas--with rozerem and/or other prescription sleep aids for long-term insomnia & night-terrors. I'm particularly concerned about the hormonal side effects that rozerem users have reported. I have follow up calls into both my psych. practitioner and my ob/gyn to address these questions but Bhuzzers always know so much more...
If you have ideas to share that are more personal or private, please PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s:: I hope!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-01-2010 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-02-2010 06:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Re: Talk to me about: Rozerem
Thanks so far to all the folks who've sent info via PM! Please keep the thoughts and feedback coming. And I promise to update on my experience.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By aazura in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 14Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
- Aug 07:JamBallah NW Festival
- Aug 08:Belly Dance Carnival! presented by Sahara Dance
- Aug 14:The Cincinnati Belly Dance Convention
- Aug 22:Utah Summer Dance Festival
- Aug 28:Tour Egypt and Attend Dom-Tack Festival with Scheherezade Imports
- Aug 29:Middle Eastern Dance Workshops and Performance with Sahra Saeeda!
- Sep 01:Lasyar Attar - the Essence of Feminine Grace
- Sep 10:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive & Festival
- Oct 03:Seminar and Performance with Irina Akukenko in Indiana!
- Oct 09:East Fest Lisbon Portugal 2015
- Nov 06:Sahra Saeeda JTE 1 in Cincinnati
- Dec 13:Jillina Is Coming to the Dominican Republic
- Jan 07:3rd Coast Tribal BellyDance Festival
- How to do full body undulation
- Easy Peasy Kaftan Dress / Cover Up DIY
- New Joharah Shiny Pink with Leopard print on the back. Bra & skirt set
- New Emerald Green Bra/Belt Set
- Used Navy blue costume (Bra & Skirt set)
- Used Black & Gold bra/belt set
- Used turquoise bra/skirt set
- Worn once. Sharif Wear black pants with cut-out & frills on left - SOLD
- New with tag. Sharif wear pants, lace on thighs, chiffon bell bottom
- New purple chiffon skirt with paillettes - SOLD
- New. 2 Alibaba / convertible pants. Very comfy
- New single layer red chiffon harem pants with slits - SOLD
- New. 1 sleeve cut top cropped top. Black
- New yellow chiffon 3 yard veil and New deep green satin half-circle veil
- Is crinoline trim at the hem of skirts machine washable and dryer safe?
- Threads 43,261
- Posts 607,093
- Members 38,650
- Welcome to our newest member, Smudell