Okay, I'm a long term insomniac. All my life I have had difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, coupled with nightmares & night terrors. I have PTSD and anxiety related issues that effect my sleep. My current sleep cycle is also complicated by a hormone suppression therapy that I am undergoing to treat endometriosis, insomnia being a side effect. I've done all kinds of natural sleep therapy and have been able, at times, to sleep chem-free. But for 20 out of my 33 years, I have primarily needed a chemical sleep aid to manage my sleep cycle. I enjoyed almost 2 years of chem-free sleep recently, but for the past year or so, I am back on sleep cycle that relies on a sleep aid for a variety of reasons.
I don't want advice on natural sleep vs. chem-assisted sleep. I know the risks, benefits, and debate. Right now, I'm on a chem-assisted sleep cycle and that's that. I thank you in advance for accepting my decision to go the pharmaceutical route and focusing on prescription/western sleep aids.
I've always/ mostly relied on ambien for chem-assisted sleep. I have used melatonin successfully for a more natural assisted sleep in previous phases when I have been able to attempt chem-free sleep. My doctor recently suggested trying rozerem which is a pharmaceutical version of melatonin.
I'm looking for folks to share their experiences--plusses and deltas--with rozerem and/or other prescription sleep aids for long-term insomnia & night-terrors. I'm particularly concerned about the hormonal side effects that rozerem users have reported. I have follow up calls into both my psych. practitioner and my ob/gyn to address these questions but Bhuzzers always know so much more...
If you have ideas to share that are more personal or private, please PM or email me at email@example.com,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s:: I hope!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-01-2010 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-02-2010 06:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Re: Talk to me about: Rozerem
Thanks so far to all the folks who've sent info via PM! Please keep the thoughts and feedback coming. And I promise to update on my experience.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By aazura in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 14Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
- May 01:Romani(gypsy) dance festival in Turkey
- May 03:Istanbul Gypsy Festival
- May 03:ANNUAL Atlanta SEEDs Gala and Fundraiser
- May 03:Leyla Amir Workshop
- May 03:Maria Strova Los Angeles Seminar: Dancing the Passionate Salome
- May 09:30th annual Shimmy by the Sea
- May 10:Shimmy Mob
- May 10:World Belly Dance Day Fundraiser for Haven
- May 13:Tribal Fest® 14
- May 17:ZAFIRAH presents FERESHTEH HOSSEINI!
- May 23:11th Dahab Holiday Dance Festival
- May 23:Third Dancer’s Intensive
- May 30:The Austin Belly Dance Convention 2014
- May 31:Greek Folk Dance Workshop with Amartia sponsored by Studio Artemis!
- May 31:MiaNaja's Summer Shimmies Hafla
- Pharonics of Egypt bra/belt set! Very sparkly and well made!! DROP LIST PRICE 25%! SALE!
- brand new! professional costume - main colour pink!
- New yellow Hesham Osman costume!!
- OAK Taksim Sim Eggplant/Wine & White- Elegant!! - No Longer Available
- Iso skirt/cape sets
- Rare bright green and multicoloured Yasser - affordable price!
- IT´S A STEAL! Tomato red and golden full body costume by Hanan
- DD Bella bra/belt and accessories, includes a double layer skirt with 2 slits (non Bella skirt)
- Purple skirt
- ISO GOLD Pharonics Icicles Bra and Belt set or similar quality from Bella or Eman, prefer to trade
- Cute Orange & Black Beginner Costume
- Professional heavenly blue Hanan with purple accents - a stunner on stage!!
- Black/silver chiffon costume
- Gold and Black Bra and Belt Set
- Malayeen from Irak
- Threads 39,643
- Posts 584,171
- Members 37,820
- Welcome to our newest member, lifew02