Okay, I'm a long term insomniac. All my life I have had difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, coupled with nightmares & night terrors. I have PTSD and anxiety related issues that effect my sleep. My current sleep cycle is also complicated by a hormone suppression therapy that I am undergoing to treat endometriosis, insomnia being a side effect. I've done all kinds of natural sleep therapy and have been able, at times, to sleep chem-free. But for 20 out of my 33 years, I have primarily needed a chemical sleep aid to manage my sleep cycle. I enjoyed almost 2 years of chem-free sleep recently, but for the past year or so, I am back on sleep cycle that relies on a sleep aid for a variety of reasons.
I don't want advice on natural sleep vs. chem-assisted sleep. I know the risks, benefits, and debate. Right now, I'm on a chem-assisted sleep cycle and that's that. I thank you in advance for accepting my decision to go the pharmaceutical route and focusing on prescription/western sleep aids.
I've always/ mostly relied on ambien for chem-assisted sleep. I have used melatonin successfully for a more natural assisted sleep in previous phases when I have been able to attempt chem-free sleep. My doctor recently suggested trying rozerem which is a pharmaceutical version of melatonin.
I'm looking for folks to share their experiences--plusses and deltas--with rozerem and/or other prescription sleep aids for long-term insomnia & night-terrors. I'm particularly concerned about the hormonal side effects that rozerem users have reported. I have follow up calls into both my psych. practitioner and my ob/gyn to address these questions but Bhuzzers always know so much more...
If you have ideas to share that are more personal or private, please PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s:: I hope!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-01-2010 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-02-2010 06:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Re: Talk to me about: Rozerem
Thanks so far to all the folks who've sent info via PM! Please keep the thoughts and feedback coming. And I promise to update on my experience.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By aazura in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 14Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
- Jun 22:Workshop with Aziza Nawal & Chattanooga Raqs show
- Jun 22:Planet Egypt with Live Music June 2013
- Jun 22:Workshop with Yasmine!
- Jun 23:A Mid-Summer Dance
- Jun 28:5 day Master Workshop with Samara in New York City
- Jun 29:Karim Nagi, Omaris & Paula in DR
- Jun 29:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jun 30:Karim Nagi - Workshops
- Jun 30:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jun 30:Samara presents a Spectacular Evening
- Jul 01:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jul 02:Master Workshop with Samara in NYC
- Jul 07:Workshop with Vashti and Medea
- Jul 11:Khamsin Festival
- Jul 11:International Bellydance Competition
- Tan Gold/ Bronze costume - LOTS of fringe! $150
- Mermaids for Covenant Hospice
- Turqoise Silk 2-piece
- Moon Haven Studio, 30736
- Stunning silver-blue Eman Zaki with magic cups - SOLD
- Black costume - Brazilian design
- looking for classes/ teacher!
- Classes around chicago~~~
- Five Free Leggings
- Cristianno of Brazil Green costume
- Classes in & around San Juan Capistrano or Misson Viejo (California)?
- Black Cristtianno from Brazil Costume
- Hanan Saidi/Folk Dress
- Teacher Recommendations - in/around San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Spring Caravan 2013!!!
- Threads 43,765
- Posts 636,479
- Members 36,415
- Welcome to our newest member, scotthead25