Okay, I'm a long term insomniac. All my life I have had difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, coupled with nightmares & night terrors. I have PTSD and anxiety related issues that effect my sleep. My current sleep cycle is also complicated by a hormone suppression therapy that I am undergoing to treat endometriosis, insomnia being a side effect. I've done all kinds of natural sleep therapy and have been able, at times, to sleep chem-free. But for 20 out of my 33 years, I have primarily needed a chemical sleep aid to manage my sleep cycle. I enjoyed almost 2 years of chem-free sleep recently, but for the past year or so, I am back on sleep cycle that relies on a sleep aid for a variety of reasons.
I don't want advice on natural sleep vs. chem-assisted sleep. I know the risks, benefits, and debate. Right now, I'm on a chem-assisted sleep cycle and that's that. I thank you in advance for accepting my decision to go the pharmaceutical route and focusing on prescription/western sleep aids.
I've always/ mostly relied on ambien for chem-assisted sleep. I have used melatonin successfully for a more natural assisted sleep in previous phases when I have been able to attempt chem-free sleep. My doctor recently suggested trying rozerem which is a pharmaceutical version of melatonin.
I'm looking for folks to share their experiences--plusses and deltas--with rozerem and/or other prescription sleep aids for long-term insomnia & night-terrors. I'm particularly concerned about the hormonal side effects that rozerem users have reported. I have follow up calls into both my psych. practitioner and my ob/gyn to address these questions but Bhuzzers always know so much more...
If you have ideas to share that are more personal or private, please PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s::,s:: I hope!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-01-2010 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Talk to me about: Rozerem
03-02-2010 06:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Blog Entries
Re: Talk to me about: Rozerem
Thanks so far to all the folks who've sent info via PM! Please keep the thoughts and feedback coming. And I promise to update on my experience.
Upcoming Belly Dance Events
By aazura in forum Belly Dance Traditions & StylesReplies: 14Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
- Jul 26:Luna of Cairo in Santa Fe, New Mexico!
- Jul 26:Iraqi “Raqs El Kawliya” with Uza
- Jul 31:Bellydance Masters
- Aug 01:Dalia Carella Summer Immersion
- Aug 02:Shimmy in the Grain 2014: Belly Dance Smorgasbord Ft. Sonya of Chicago, Stefanie Masters, Na'imah of Grand Rapids and Arielle Juliette
- Aug 02:Polish Your Skills!
- Aug 02:Sequins and Shimmies Belly Dance Show
- Aug 03:Dalia Carella Summer Immersion Gala Show
- Aug 03:WAMEDA Swap Meet
- Aug 08:Pyramid Road Intensive with Virginia and Amir Thaleb
- Aug 15:The Cincinnati Belly Dance Convention
- Aug 17:Sahara Dance Carnival: Dancing through the Decades
- Aug 24:Persian Dance Choreography with Katayoun
- Aug 29:TARAZADE- the Istanbul Festival
- Sep 04:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- White fringe with silver sequin top belt
- Men's Galabeyas/ Thobe
- Purple Chiffon Skirt and Veil Set with sequins and beads
- Oldschool Purple Melodia gypsy sleeve tie choli, Large
- Blue multi hipscarf, blue beads and silver coins
- Jul/15/14 - 2 unique folkloric dresses, one an Abla?
- OOAK Costume for Petite Dancers
- New listing! Salmon-colored costume for sale
- Moon Goddess Costume by Magic $350 including Shipping in US
- Oldschool Cream/silver Assuit Melodia Pants & Top
- New listing! Aqua Turkish costume for sale
- Song ID
- Peach Belly Dance Costume - SOLD
- Professional costume for QUEEN (only SWAROVSKI stones)
- REDUCED: Ethereal Lavendar custom-made costume $150+ shipping
- Threads 40,579
- Posts 590,572
- Members 38,009
- Welcome to our newest member, omi hkf