8 Visitor Messages
- Date of Birth
- May 10
- About Me
- I'm a portuguese belly dance teacher and performer. I'm also a Ph.D. scholar, medievalist, arthurianist and orientalist researcher, conferencist, teacher, painter, and author.
- My Favorite Dancers
- Tahia Carioca, Naima Akef, Fifi Abdo, Dina, Nelly Fouad, Sahra Saeeda, Asmahan, Lulu Sabongi, Natalia Fadda, Sarah Farouk, Cory Zamora, Princess Banu, Özcan Tekgül, Sema, Nesrin Topkapi, Nergis Mogol... and many others!
- My Favorite Costumes
- Eman Zaki, Pharaonix, Hanan, Sim, Bella
- My Dance/Music Style
- My Favorite Music
- Om Kalthoum, Line Monty, Fairuz, Farid Al Atrash, Abdel Halim Hafez
- My Inspirations
- The arab medieval heritage of Iberian Peninsula
- Anything Else . . .
Your City, State, Country. This will not be used for Event Alerts unless you specify it in the Event Alert section
- Your Location
You will get email notifications of upcoming belly dance events in these areas.
Make sure your email provider allows email@example.com in your inbox (not as spam)
Click on the pencil icon to make your selections.
- Separate your selected cities by commas.
- Countries A - M
- Austria, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Morocco
- Countries N - Z
- Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
- Receive Event Notifications by email
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Albums
- Total Pictures
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 01-17-2013 04:51 AM
- Wiki Contributions
- Last contributed to
- 07-30-2011 07:21 AM
- Last Activity
- 05-18-2013 11:36 AM
- Join Date
A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single post.
|Date||Time||Event & Description||Category||Location|
My mother is a bellydancer (original title "Seelai ng yi cho"), directed by Lee Kung-Lok (Hong Kong, 2006), is a quality movie about four women, dealing with daily problems, disrespectful husbands, unemployment and children, who find belly dance as an escape from their real lifes full of worries. This highly recommended movie shows what belly dance is really about: a way of (re)discovering respect and love for yourself, regardless of the disapproval and the mentality of the community,