- Date of Birth
- September 21
- About Me:
- A native South African, Zaia is now living in the USA. Zaia Hadiyyah promotes education in Middle Eastern dance, culture, music, and costuming. Zaia’s focus is on the enhancement of the physical, emotional, and social well-being of women in the community. She does this through oriental dance classes, seminars, tours and performance attendance and participation. Zaia has been dancing since she was 3 years old; has experienced most dancing principles and has been involved in the art of Oriental Dance for 15 plus years. She has done intense training in the Middle East, South Africa and the USA with acclaimed and respected teachers. In South Africa; Zaia was the owner of a large dance studio, a professional performer and choreographer. She ran workshops regularly; directed a professional performance troupe and has participated in International Belly Dance Festivals in Europe, Egypt and South Africa. She teaches Folkloric and Cabaret style dance from the Middle East and North Africa as well as African dance.
In 2008 Zaia established a studio in Omaha NE and in 2009 she formed the Daughters of Nefertiti Troupe and serves as the Artistic Director for the troupe. She is currently living in Atlanta GA with her family and has opened a new studio in the Roswell area. Here she will again form a troupe and with her daughter also teach African Dance.
Available to her students is the opportunity to enrol and study the Belly Dancing Association of South Africa’s (BDASA) 7 grade exam syllabus to measure their own progress and development.
Zaia has a passion for working on joint ventures with sponsors who organize functions related to community service and makes herself available to teach in these communities.
She is available for workshops and Intensive master classes.
- My Favorite Dancers:
- There are many but I favor authentic dancers from the regions of the Middle East rather than the American Cabaret and Tribal Dancers
- My Favorite Costumes:
- Folkloric Costumes. Egyptian Caberet Dresses
- My Dance/Music Style:
- Middle Eastern Folkloric
- My Favorite Music:
- Authentic Middle Eastern Folkloric Music, Classical Egyptian Music and Authentic percussion. I do not like the modern techno type of music to dance to.
- My Inspirations:
- Mahmoud Reda, Farida Fawmy, Raqia Hassan, Mohamed Shahin,
John Compton, Carolena Nericcio and Myra Krien, Liza Laziza, Fifi Abdo, Jillina, Sabine
Your City, State, Country. This will not be used for Event Alerts unless you specify it in the Event Alert section
- Your Location:
- Roswell, Atlanta GA 30076 USA
Get email notifications of upcoming belly dance events in the areas you choose here.
Make sure your email provider allows firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox (not as spam)
Click on the pencil icon to make your selections.
- Separate your selected cities by commas.:
- Roswell, Atlanta, GA
- USA states Alabama thru Montana:
- Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana
- USA Nebraska to Wyoming:
- North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia
- Countries A - M:
- Egypt, Greece, Israel, Morocco
- Countries N - Z:
- Norway, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
- Receive Event Notifications by email:
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Albums
- Total Photos
- Last Activity
- 05-12-2015 09:49 PM
- Join Date
|Date||Time||Event & Description||Category||Location|
Fabulous workshops and Gala Show with Mohamed Shahin and Myra Krien
Sword dance intensive with sabine
15+ Hours Sword Dance Intensive - Double and single Blade
*I have a young girl that wants to debut a solo from the DVD of Ysmina Ramzy Vol 1 and I desperately need the CD Oyoun. *Does anyone know where I can purchase this or if I can buy the mp3 download. *I know that it is a fairly old cd - I would be happy to buy a used one.
Zaia Hadiyyah Global Dance - Atlanta www.globaldancesite.com email@example.com 770-3668774 leave message - I am teaching if I don't answer **