- About Me
- I've been studying MED and it's complementary danceforms since 1992. I began with American Cabaret, which I love and have expanded my studies to include the traditional oriental styles that originally brought the moves to America. I love our big dance community and strive to make a positive contribution to it by presenting professional dancer shows in fabulous venues all over Los Angeles.
- My Favorite Costumes
- Gorgeous, functional and can take a beating (ie floorwork)
- My Favorite Music
- Live preferably. I love classical Turkish and Egyptian composers and instruments. I love losing myself in the musical intricacies that classical affords.
- My Inspirations
- All of my dance teachers past, present, and future. Hearing live music being played. I get inspired the most when I watch other dancers.
Get email notifications of upcoming belly dance events in the areas you choose here.
Make sure your email provider allows firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox (not as spam)
Click on the pencil icon to make your selections.
- Separate your selected cities by commas.
- I've had the pleasure of studying with some amazing and eclectic teachers. My first teacher of 10 years was Mesmera, and she taught me to love Improvisation. I've been lucky enough to have studied with many of the wonderful women that teach in LA, such as Princess Farhana,Fahtiem, Jillina, Tamra-Henna,Ansuya, Aisha Ali and Alexandra King. I've also studied and worked with several local Arabic and Turkish Music bands and musicians, and they've deepened my love and understanding of the music. Most recently I graduated from the 6 month Ansuya Comprehensive and have a nice cetificate of completion and the calluses on my feet to prove it! I adore Turkish music and dance, as well as Flamenco and Brazilian styles.Live music really makes me happy!
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Wiki Contributions
- Last contributed
- Last Activity
- 08-05-2010 03:26 PM
- Join Date
|Date||Time||Event & Description||Category||Location|