- Date of Birth
- June 28
- About Me
- I love to dance and to teach what I've learned from so many talented dancers/teachers. Currently I am the owner of In Step Studio and Halimeda's Oasis. I teach at a local gym and of course, in the studio. The Oasis is most recent venture into the world of costuming for others. I am the director for Troupe Arabesque. All of this keeps me balanced (some would say I am unbalanced, though) with my daily job - can't give up the day time geeky job.
- My Favorite Dancers
- Morocco, Petite Jamilla, Ansuya, Angelika Nemith, Rachel George. And all of my students, of course!
- My Favorite Costumes
- Are the ones that I USED to fit into before middle age caught up with my middle and took over my Middle Eastern dance figure. I do love my Egyptian dresses.
- My Dance/Music Style
- Mix of American classic. I enjoy all kinds of music and especially Turkish 9/8.
- My Favorite Music
- Love the old stuff with the tabla / dumbec. Especially love the music from Khamis Henkish and Nesma CD.
- My Inspirations
- Morocoo of New York City, Yasmina el Samahy, Mazlum Kosma, Michaelis (hubby), Karina of Seminole Fla, and of course my students.
You will get email notifications of upcoming belly dance events in these areas.
Make sure your email provider allows email@example.com in your inbox (not as spam)
Click on the pencil icon to make your selections.
- Separate your selected cities by commas.
- I love Turkish styling and music but am probably better at good ole American style Oriental fusion.
- This Page
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Wiki Contributions
- Last contributed
- Last Activity
- 09-05-2012 10:49 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
|Date||Time||Event & Description||Category||Location|
Dancing with a Drummer
How to work with a drummer
View nancyredig's Blog
I used to love to stroll the fabric stores and my stash of fabrics proves it! While I still love the stores, it seems like they are fewer and fewer. And, sometimes the quality seems compromised. It takes longer now to find the right fabric and ensure that it is free of defects. I have hope that Project Runway will introduce more people to fabric and the art of sewing. Maybe they will never want to do much sewing but they will understand the work that goes into a garment.