Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
11-01-2007 12:18 AM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 01:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Blog Entries
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 08:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 03:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 05:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Dec 20:Must-Know Music Dance Workshop Series
- Dec 20:Oriental Fusion Puerto Rico 2014: Natalie Nazario (NY/PR) and Cristina Gadea (Spain)
- Dec 27:Must-Know Music Dance Workshop Series
- Jan 03:Egyptian Belly Dance and Yoga Retreat with Sahra Saeeda, Shahrzad & Rachel Kay Brookmire
- Jan 03:Must-Know Music Dance Workshop Series
- Jan 10:Must-Know Music Dance Workshop Series
- Jan 17:Must-Know Music Dance Workshop Series
- Jan 23:East Coast Classic Bellydance Festival & Competition
- Jan 24:Must-Know Music Dance Workshop Series
- Jan 30:Leila Farid in Cincinnati
- Jan 30:EDA Winter Gala Show!
- Jan 31:Graceful Arms Workshop by Sausan
- Feb 05:Orient de Luxe 2015
- Feb 06:ANAR DANA Cultural Evening: Ferghana, Uzbekistan
- Feb 14:Belly Dance of the Universe Competition
- Hot pink & nude sheer costume - fun sequin stripes! - $250 + fees/shipping
- Iraqi Hair Dance and Classical Arabic Choreography
- Gorgeous Green Pharaonix of Egypt Aida BRAND NEW!
- Josie Maran Eye Shadow Palette - New in box $29 FREE SHIPPING
- Warm Faux Fur Coat- Like New!
- Red & White tropical SAHAR OKASHA FOR SALE
- Chocolate Melodias - S31 (28" inseam) $50
- White floral bella costume
- ISO pink ladder skirt or trumpet style
- YELLOW SUNNY MAMDOUH SALAMA design
- Dec/12/14 - Please, show us your Ebay-finds... in December 2014
- Red and Gold Sim!! SOLD
- Green Animal Print 2-Piece
- Silver Costume- Perfect for the Holidays!
- 3 Brand New Silky Costumes
- Threads 41,762
- Posts 598,992
- Members 38,292
- Welcome to our newest member, Nadya Sabina