Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 06:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
10-31-2007 11:18 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 12:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Blog Entries
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 07:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 02:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 04:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Jul 31:Bellydance Masters
- Aug 01:Dalia Carella Summer Immersion
- Aug 02:Shimmy in the Grain 2014: Belly Dance Smorgasbord Ft. Sonya of Chicago, Stefanie Masters, Na'imah of Grand Rapids and Arielle Juliette
- Aug 02:Polish Your Skills!
- Aug 02:Sequins and Shimmies Belly Dance Show
- Aug 03:Dalia Carella Summer Immersion Gala Show
- Aug 03:WAMEDA Swap Meet
- Aug 08:Pyramid Road Intensive with Virginia and Amir Thaleb
- Aug 15:The Cincinnati Belly Dance Convention
- Aug 17:Sahara Dance Carnival: Dancing through the Decades
- Aug 24:Persian Dance Choreography with Katayoun
- Aug 29:TARAZADE- the Istanbul Festival
- Sep 04:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- Sep 05:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- Sep 06:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive® & Festival
- Isis Wings with Phoenix DVD $22
- Purple Chiffon Skirt and Veil Set with sequins and beads
- Custom Black, Magenta & Hearts <3
- Song ID
- Mirrored and Embroidered Gujarati Choli
- REDUCED! Black,Magenta&Hearts <3
- Has anyone tried Horus and Isis zills?
- DVD de Danse Orientale
- Gorgeous 8 piece Pharonics of Egypt costume
- Magic Habibi Ball
- Classy Black & Gold Turkish Designer costume $550
- egyptian themed music from 1920's and 1930's
- Luxe Red 5 or 6 piece costume, unique design by Shadia of Boston, light and flattering
- Jul/29/14 - Some of my Stuff Posted MOST at Lower than bhuz prices =D
- Faten Salama Presents Khaber-Eih
- Threads 40,657
- Posts 591,055
- Members 38,019
- Welcome to our newest member, Maggie 1157