Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
11-01-2007 12:18 AM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 01:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 08:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 03:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 05:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Mar 06:Master Classes with Yasmina Ramzy
- Mar 07:Sahara Dance Hafla featuring Yasmina Ramzy
- Mar 14:Mohamed Shahin workshops and gala show Milwaukee
- Mar 15:Star Bellydancer Canada Competition 2015
- Mar 21:Dangerous Beauties "Aura" Theatrical BD Show March 21, SF
- Mar 22:Sharqui Instructor Training
- Mar 28:Strong Island RaQs 10th Annual Bellydance Festival
- Mar 31:Istanbul: Dance and Music Study Tour to Turkey
- Apr 03:Ozgen in Paris (France) for the first time !
- Apr 04:"Arabesque Presented by Northwest Bellydance
- Apr 11:Master Classes with Karim Nagi of Turbo Tabla!
- Apr 11:Zereh Presents Middle Eastern Dance with Virginia
- Apr 16:NYCairo Raks Festival 2015
- Apr 24:Raqia Hassan April Intensive
- Apr 24:Source and Spirit with Amel Tafsout
- Silver/Gold Uniquely Shaped Bra & Belt Set
- Turquoise Fringe Bra/Belt/Skirt Set $75
- Atelier Cristtiano Ferreira of Brazil Gunmetal Silver - Many stones, crystals accented with gold. - SOLD
- Dances from the Silk Road
- "Aida's Elegance" Beautiful Black & Silver Costume
- PETITE Unique Turquoise & Gold Costume $135 + shipping
- "Royal" PETITE Purple & Gold Blingy Costume $150 + shipping
- Unique Pink Pucci Print Costume - $200 + shipping
- White,silver & gold sequin skirt, custom made like new
- White fringe skirt, Dahal/ vendor original
- Full Fushia & Silver Sequin Skirt, Custom made
- Pink/silver Bollywood costume
- ISO Doumbek (to dance on) or resources on places to buy.
- Mermaid Eman Zaki - SOLD
- "All Black" Bella - SOLD
- Threads 42,254
- Posts 602,166
- Members 38,436
- Welcome to our newest member, Son-of-BellyDancer