Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 06:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
10-31-2007 11:18 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 12:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Blog Entries
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 07:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 02:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 04:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- May 30:WAMED Festival, Perth May 30-Jun 3 2013
- May 31:Austin Belly Dance Convention (ABDC)
- Jun 01:Soraya Zayed Dinner & Dance Show
- Jun 01:Soraya Zayed (aka Soraia Zaied) Teaches & Performs in CA
- Jun 06:The New York Theatrical Bellydance Conference 2013
- Jun 06:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 07:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 08:"Cairo By Night" June 8th at Arabesque
- Jun 08:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 08:Detroit Art of Belly Dance
- Jun 09:Shimmy 2B Free - featuring Princess Farhana
- Jun 13:A-Z Biennial Event, USA 2013
- Jun 13:Keti Sharif - A-Z Teacher Training & Community Dance Workshops
- Jun 14:HOSSAM RAMZY AND SERENA. Workshop and show in Mexico City
- Jun 14:Jewels Of the Orient Bellydance & Wellness Festival
- Soheir Zaki and Zizi Mustafa
- Jewel-tone Purple Egyptian Dress
- Seashells!! Red & Blue Egyptian Cabaret
- FLIRTY SKIRTY Professional Tribal Fusion Vintage Lace Slit Skirt Belly Dance Costume
- getting and using pics from parties/with audience in
- Red Asi Haskal - No Longer Available
- ALMAZ, Kuala Lumpur
- ma adarsh ala keda/makdarsh info
- Austin Belly Dance Convention....Can't Wait
- Olive Green Bella Pant Costume
- Flattering Black and Silver Bedlah
- Black and Leopard Costume -- Extremely comfortable
- Turquoise Coin Tribaret Bedlah - Stunning!
- Tribal Fringe Bra Belt - OOAK Handmade Earth Tones
- Sexy Fuschia/Orange Bella 32-35 B/C/D 32-35 UH Short Lady Options! - SOLD
- Threads 43,390
- Posts 633,258
- Members 36,144
- Welcome to our newest member, nathaira