Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 06:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
10-31-2007 11:18 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 12:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Blog Entries
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 07:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 02:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 04:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Jul 30:Bellydance Masters
- Aug 07:JamBallah NW Festival
- Aug 08:Belly Dance Carnival! presented by Sahara Dance
- Aug 14:The Cincinnati Belly Dance Convention
- Aug 22:Utah Summer Dance Festival
- Aug 28:Tour Egypt and Attend Dom-Tack Festival with Scheherezade Imports
- Aug 29:Middle Eastern Dance Workshops and Performance with Sahra Saeeda!
- Sep 01:Lasyar Attar - the Essence of Feminine Grace
- Sep 10:The Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive & Festival
- Oct 03:Seminar and Performance with Irina Akukenko in Indiana!
- Oct 09:East Fest Lisbon Portugal 2015
- Nov 06:Sahra Saeeda JTE 1 in Cincinnati
- Dec 13:Jillina Is Coming to the Dominican Republic
- Jan 07:3rd Coast Tribal BellyDance Festival
- 2x Beautiful headdress
- Pretty and colorful underwear full set "Soleil Sucré" New with tag French brand
- HAKIM - Mawaal
- How to do full body undulation
- Easy Peasy Kaftan Dress / Cover Up DIY
- New Joharah Shiny Pink with Leopard print on the back. Bra & skirt set
- New Emerald Green Bra/Belt Set
- Used Navy blue costume (Bra & Skirt set)
- Used Black & Gold bra/belt set
- Used turquoise bra/skirt set
- Worn once. Sharif Wear black pants with cut-out & frills on left - SOLD
- New with tag. Sharif wear pants, lace on thighs, chiffon bell bottom
- New purple chiffon skirt with paillettes - SOLD
- New. 2 Alibaba / convertible pants. Very comfy
- New single layer red chiffon harem pants with slits - SOLD
- Threads 43,244
- Posts 607,018
- Members 38,645
- Welcome to our newest member, LaMancha