Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 06:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
10-31-2007 11:18 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 12:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Blog Entries
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 07:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 02:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 04:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Apr 24:Sahara Dance presents the 12th annual "Under a Desert Moon" Gala: 1001 Dances of Love!
- Apr 25:Weekend with Zahra Zuhair!
- May 01:Romani(gypsy) dance festival in Turkey
- May 03:Istanbul Gypsy Festival
- May 03:ANNUAL Atlanta SEEDs Gala and Fundraiser
- May 03:Leyla Amir Workshop
- May 03:Maria Strova Los Angeles Seminar: Dancing the Passionate Salome
- May 09:30th annual Shimmy by the Sea
- May 10:Shimmy Mob
- May 10:World Belly Dance Day Fundraiser for Haven
- May 13:Tribal Fest® 14
- May 17:ZAFIRAH presents FERESHTEH HOSSEINI!
- May 23:11th Dahab Holiday Dance Festival
- May 23:Third Dancer’s Intensive
- May 30:The Austin Belly Dance Convention 2014
- OAK Taksim Sim Eggplant/Wine & White- Elegant!! - No Longer Available
- One-of-a-Kind Oriental Set
- Teal Pharonics
- Gold and Black Bra and Belt Set
- Black/Tuquoise $400 plus $17 shipping US buyers only pls
- Turquoise Pharaonics "Enchanted Bouquet"
- Pharaonics of Egypt Icicles
- Deep red reversible full skirt w/ gold embroidery OOAK
- Tri-Color "Rising Star" Costume, $85
- MetalGypsy Productions & Miss Linda's Dance Studio, Safety Harbor, FL 34695
- Multi-color Sharifwear Top NEW Large size
- SNOW LEOPARD black and white bra and skirt C/D cup
- ISO - Amira Mor CD - Bellydancing With Amira Mor
- Raqia Hassan Black w/Green Orange/Silver $150 plush shipping $17 US only pls
- Embroidered cotton choli / hip scarf set $15
- Threads 39,566
- Posts 583,710
- Members 37,810
- Welcome to our newest member, raymondterrell