Things that frustrate me when I go to vendors' web sites in search of cute outfits to wear for teaching, workshops, etc:
- Photos available only in black, even if the item comes in other colors. Why this is a problem: black absorbs light. Style details such as pleats, drawstrings, built-in sashes, ruffles, etc. are impossible to see in photos of black clothing. I much prefer photos of red or turquoise items because they enable me to see details.
- Clicking on an item that looks really cute, only to find out it's not available in my size, or its inseam length on the legs is much too short to look good on my long legs. Sigh.
- No descriptive text telling me what the item looks like (especially frustrating when the photos are black), or its inseam length (pants), or stylistic details, or what fabric it's made of.
- Requirement to create an account in order to shop in their store. I really get frustrated trying to keep track of a proliferation of account names and passwords. Although I'm sure vendors mean well, I hate creating little accounts on all these web sites because it means giving personal information such as credit card number to be stored on yet another site whose operator may mean well, but lacks the technical expertise to maintain the kind of security needed to keep my information safe. I much prefer to shop on sites that just let me pay via PayPal - no l-o-n-g online "create an account" forms to fill out, no added risk of having my information hacked, no proliferation of passwords and account names to remember...
Thanks for letting me grumble! I'm happy to shop online, but sometimes I've walked away from an online store whose merchandise I thought was cute due to the above issues.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-31-2007 07:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Iowa City, Iowa
Shopping frustration - exercise wear
11-01-2007 12:18 AM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- St. Louis, MO, USA
I hear you, shop-sister. I love the way Marika lets you mouseover different colors and read lots of detail (but hate that you don't get to see the item on a real person). Discountdancesupply has awesome stuff, but NO real information.
11-01-2007 01:34 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Blog Entries
I agree, having to register to shop at online stores can be a big turn off, and I often for -go some delight if paypal is not available. I love the fact that you can shop online, and I appreciate stores trying to make sure customer info is secure. But with the advent of paypal it is so simple and everything is already set up, so the store receives the info required automatically.
Form filling in/registering for every little thing is quite off putting.
11-01-2007 08:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
And I hate the fact that most exercise wear is made for giants. I keep my seamstress busy shortening things....
11-01-2007 03:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Tallahassee, Florida
If it is any help, Sharifwear items are roomy and generously sized, so they are comfy. The pants tend to run long in the legs and even tough I am tall, I have to cut them off at the bottom of the legs. However the material does not ravel and you simply cut and go.
11-01-2007 05:18 PM #6Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Dec 10:KL - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif
- Dec 12:London - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif
- Dec 14:Belly Dance Soiree & Holiday Bazaar
- Dec 14:Jewels of Bellydance
- Dec 14:Spicebox
- Dec 15:Jewels of Bellydance
- Dec 17:Geneva - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif 'Artist's Web'
- Dec 24:Club Bellydance @ The Josephine Theater in San Antonio, Texas
- Dec 27:Anna Borisova Intensive Workshops and Gala Show
- Dec 28:Cairo - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif 'Artist's Web'
- Jan 07:Master Class with Bozenka
- Jan 12:Barakaat Belly Dance Company Auditions in Baltimore 2014!
- Jan 18:Ahlam Men Cairo
- Jan 24:East Coast Classic Competition & Festival
- Jan 31:Something Tribal This Way Comes 2014
- Chiffon Bella Veils
- Mary Ellen Donald starting new drumming class January 2014
- NEW seagreen/lilac bellydance costume, Cup B - small C, 200 €
- Black Christina Skirt, Royal Blue Christina Skirt, Turquoise Christina Skirt with Veils and Anything Else That comes with it :-)
- Safran DNC, Tallinn
- ISO CD Tony Mouzayek Orient Vol. 20
- 2014: Amel Tafsout in San Francisco January 25
- Silver Sword Scimitar
- Akai silk Bird of paradise wrap around silk+sari skirt
- Black lycra costume from shimmyshop, 250€ + shipping
- ISO black fringe 3-4 inches long
- Stunning high end red BELLA 590€ + shipping
- Royal Blue, Teal and Pink 7 piece bra and belt set - SOLD
- Red bra and belt set - SOLD
- Amazing Crimson Pharaonics- perfect for the holiday season!!
- Threads 45,957
- Posts 654,571
- Members 37,392
- Welcome to our newest member, aditi