attn tribal costume makers...

where do you buy your kuchi pendants?
    what are those stud looking things called? Where could I buy them?

Anyone make costumes and sell them? anyone sell any pieces/parts?

I need to make a costume in a short period of time and I'm thinking simple. I have a vision but wanted to look up the stud thing first....I'm at a loss. If you don't know what I'm talking about maybe I can post a picture!

Thanks so much~

A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single post. anala's Avatar

Re: attn tribal costume makers...

Tribal Bellydance Marketplace:: TribalSouk.com :: Tribal Belly Dance Costume Accessories

Try my friend Flo..she is great, has everything you need and she always looks smashing....

Established BHUZzer amirahdancer's Avatar

I have a couple of kuchi pendants I've never used if your interested.

There are many, many sources.

I like to use Ebay, where there are many vendors that sell Kuchi pieces. Uberkuchi and Sirik pop to mind as two that seem to be reliable and have consistently good prices. A bit higher end is Artifacte, from Turkey. I think you may want to search for Turkoman buttons on Ebay, as well, if I understand correctly what you'd like.

In terms on non-ebay vendors, there are the "tribal trio" of vendors who have unique pieces, at reasonable prices, with good service:

Tribal Souk (Tribal Bellydance Marketplace:: TribalSouk.com :: Tribal Belly Dance Costume Accessories)
    Tribal Bazaar (Tribal Bazaar - tribe.net)
    Red Camel (The Red Camel Home)

Each of these vendors has different things, so it is useful to check all three. I can report excellent experiences with Tribal Souk and Tribal Bazaar - beautiful pieces and impeccable customer service.

I could get used to this! anisamiss's Avatar

Are these the stud things you're thinking of? They're called studs or nailheads.
    Kit Kraft inc., Studs & Nailheads
    I just got some for Christmas along with a bedazzler, so I haven't tried them yet. I know you can put them in by hand though, especially the bigger ones.

I'd also recommend these 2 ebay sellers for pendants, coins, shells, etc.
    eBay Store - THE GODDESS GARDEN by K-Lee: Bellydance, Belly Dance, Tribal
    eBay Store - sirik: TRIBAL Coins, TRIBAL Dangles, TRIBAL Headsets

awesome thanks girls!
    I have turkoman buttons....but anisamiss is right. I found them after I posted and am debating on buying a bedazzler! haha. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll check them out!
    I'm going to be making matching costumes with someone else, so I'll let you know when we finish :)

I think I've bought from the Red Camel, and I was going to suggest going there. They've got awesome stuff! There's another place that carried a lot of nice stuff, but I can't recall the name off the top of my head. If I come across it, I'll post. It's been a while since I've looked for this kind of jewelry, and I've gotten a new computer, so all my bookmarks are gone :(

Quote Originally Posted by Safiyah View Post
    I think I've bought from the Red Camel, and I was going to suggest going there. They've got awesome stuff! There's another place that carried a lot of nice stuff, but I can't recall the name off the top of my head. If I come across it, I'll post. It's been a while since I've looked for this kind of jewelry, and I've gotten a new computer, so all my bookmarks are gone :(
    thanks! try google bookmarks! It is awesome! Haha.... I love it because I typically use 4 different computers within the frame of 2 days, so it gets me where I want to go. You just need a login and it stores all your bookmarks forever :)