Dahlal Coupon Question -- I know one of you has the answer!

Yes, I know I can just e-mail to ask them but thought I might get an instant answer here from someone who's bought recently. I've used both these coupons before but am not remembering the details:

The coupon that they always include with your purchase when you order something -- is that 10% or 15% off your next purchase? Can you use it on sale items?

The 20% Customer Appreciation Month discount -- is that on full-price costumes only, or am I remembering it wrong?

I'm interested in the possibility of using one of these on something mighty fine that's been marked down (unfortunately not quite enough) for the Pharaonics sale. .w.:

TIA for the information!

Carbondale, Illinois (extreme southern Illinois) U.S.A.

Re: Dahlal Coupon Question -- I know one of you has the answer!

The Customer Appreciation Month coupon specifically states "excludes sale and discounted prices". ,f::

The 10% off your next purchase coupon states "Discount may not be combined with any other offer, special or sale." ,f:: ,f::

You are not remembering it wrong - these would be on full-price items.
    ,f:: ,f:: ,f::
    Last edited by TediThomas; 01-10-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added another frown

Many more frowns here! But thank you very much for the information, Tedi.

What to do, what to do....
    A costume I have long longed for is available off the rack in my unusual size (and a great color) for what I am sure is the first time ever, perfectly timed to coincide with what feels like a new beginning for me. Nothing too dramatic to the rest of the world, but really big in my head and, I hope, in my dance. I know it's only a costume, not a message from the universe, but the timing is really nice. Unfortunately I bought a much-needed and unreturnable piece of furniture last night that cost exactly as much as the costume. So my timing leaves a lot to be desired.

(Hmm, I wonder if there's a market here for the D-cup Bella I've been hoarding, unworn. Cranberry velvet and rubies, anyone?)
    Last edited by Suzana; 01-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zana View Post
    (Hmm, I wonder if there's a market here for the D-cup Bella I've been hoarding, unworn. Cranberry velvet and rubies, anyone?)
    Droool! Alas, I'm not pro...so the costume would have a lonely, life in my closet...l;,

I know it's only a costume, not a message from the universe, but the timing is really nice.
    And why can't a costume be a message from the universe?? I say go for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwyncara View Post

AMEN!!! ..g.:

Isn't that REALLY why we keep dancing? To be good enough to deserve to wear the costume? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwyncara View Post
    Oh, man. I should have known at least one of you would respond in this vein! When does anyone on Bhuz ever try to talk you out of buying a costume? ..g.:

You're all making me smile. And think. Thanks!

Master BHUZzer sabrinabellydancer's Avatar

if you can make it happen, go for it.
    like hallah always says, "the costume will last you a long time and you will never miss the lunches you skipped to get it"

if it is meant to be yours, you should have it and enjoy it. we get one life [as far as i know] enjoy it to the fullest.

I'm pretty sure it is a message from the universe. hopefully you can make it happen!

I say go for it! 25% off ANY of the new costumes is a good discount! If you're getting one of the new Rising Stars .... you'd save almost $150, that's pretty good! And then you can put it on layaway (4 payments). So you'd just pay four times a little over $100 -- GOOOO FOR IT, GIRL!!!!!! LIFE'S TOO SHORT!!!

I love all the cheering here! Thanks, ladies. I suppose if the universe can speak through many more esoteric things, it can certainly choose to speak through rhinestones and chiffon.

OK, I'm going to take a good look through the closet tonight and see what I have to sell that might make this work. Too bad it takes so many pretty bits of velvet from L. Rose to equal one Pharaonics! Unfortunately, I can't use a coupon.

Since you're all talking so much sense (and I seem to be letting it all hang out here anyway), please remind me that a costume I can't actually wear isn't doing me any good no matter how gorgeous it is or how sparkly it looks in my closet, and the fact that it's my favorite color doesn't make it fit or suit no matter how much weight I intend to lose. (It's been an "almost" since the day I bought it. Does anybody else do that? Crazy.) If I part with the Bella I know I'll never get another one -- I bought it before the dollar tanked and they doubled in price, and it was pricey for me even then. But sometimes you have to let something go to let something else in, right?

I can't believe I'm being so silly about this, and in public yet. Thanks for indulging me!

Get it!! (I love shopping vicariously for costumes though others!)

OK, I'm going to take a good look through the closet tonight and see what I have to sell that might make this work. Too bad it takes so many pretty bits of velvet from L. Rose to equal one Pharaonics! Unfortunately, I can't use a coupon.
    If you have any red skirts or bras or bits, L Rose or otherwise, let me know! Say something that might work under a red assuit dress. :Awink: I might buy them!

Hee hee hee. You mean you're not going to perform in it as-is?

You'll be the first to know, I promise.

I've always heard it said that one should not keep clothing in the closet that doesn't fit, no matter the cost or sentimental value. You won't wear it and looking at it doesn't make you feel as good as wearing something that fits and does make you happy!

So sell that Bella and get something perfect for who you are now!

You're absolutely right. And it's a waste to hang onto it when someone else could be enjoying it.

The problem is that I'm one of those people who has strong reactions to colors and textures, and this I could just eat up!
    http://www.bhuz.com/file/pic/gallery/6277.jpg
    Bad photo, but you get the idea. But of course, getting it out and petting it occasionally is no substitute for dancing in it.

Hey, here's a comforting thought: maybe I can commission you to make me something else along these lines someday? Something in cranberry velvet with beautiful rocks? I know you're a bra-engineering whiz, and I love the pieces of yours that I've seen here on Bhuz. ..g.:

Hey Monica -- I know it's not quite what you were asking about, but it is undeniably red!

Quote Originally Posted by naiyahayal View Post
    I say go for it! 25% off ANY of the new costumes is a good discount! If you're getting one of the new Rising Stars .... you'd save almost $150, that's pretty good! And then you can put it on layaway (4 payments). So you'd just pay four times a little over $100 -- GOOOO FOR IT, GIRL!!!!!! LIFE'S TOO SHORT!!!

boy, there speaks a true costume addict!

Of course, i also think you should go for it!

Surprised? ..c:: ..g.:
    - A deeply desired goal gives context to present experience... M. Stanton Jones

-Truth is one, paths are many. Sivananda.

Jemileh's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kina View Post
    Surprised? ..c:: ..g.:
    Not even a little! ..l;,

Quote Originally Posted by naiyahayal View Post
    Honestly, it's like they're giving them away. Or paying you to take them! ..l;, I am a shameless costume enabler too!

You're absolutely right. And it's a waste to hang onto it when someone else could be enjoying it.

The problem is that I'm one of those people who has strong reactions to colors and textures, and this I could just eat up!
    Bad photo, but you get the idea. But of course, getting it out and petting it occasionally is no substitute for dancing in it.

Hey, here's a comforting thought: maybe I can commission you to make me something else along these lines someday? Something in cranberry velvet with beautiful rocks? I know you're a bra-engineering whiz, and I love the pieces of yours that I've seen here on Bhuz. ..g.:
    I don't blame you! I'm a lover of color, especially deep rich colors.

I think I could be talked into making something just as special for you when you're ready! ,r:;

Master BHUZzer sabrinabellydancer's Avatar

ok, how's this for costume metaphysics?:
    what if keeping the beautiful but unworn red bella is blocking your costuming chi [qi?] preventing you from acquiring more beneficial costumes which will lead to a more satisfying and potential-fulfilling dance life?

letting the red bella go to an owner who can truly use it will open the path to your acquiring the new costume from dahlal that you can pet and wear.

yeah, it's really late and i'm on a 15 min break :)

Oh, jeez. That's it -- you've talked me into it! You shameless costume enablers, you should be asha....no, wait a minute, that won't work, will it?

Between having my costume chakra unblocked and the merest possibility of a Najla Halem custom original in my future, how can I resist?

But please be kind to my upcoming Swap Meet postings, because I've got a joint checking account I'll need to explain things to....

(New red Christina skirt set, new burgundy coverup, new XL L. Rose/Dahlal U-top/skirt set in cinnamon, new Egyptian coat/dress set, "experienced" XL purple cabaret dress...yeah, I can make all that add up to a Pharaonics. Piece of cake, right? Drop me a line if any of this piques your interest before I get around to posting it.)

Many thanks again, ladies! ..g.:
    Last edited by Suzana; 01-11-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Carbondale, Illinois (extreme southern Illinois) U.S.A.

Oh Zana! That is a gorgeous bedlah. She wants out of the closet. ..g.: And no, (as much as I might "want") I couldn't possibly purchase another "swapped" costume right now. The husband just wouldn't understand THREE in one month! .w.: