+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39



  1. #1
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Can anyone recommend a "pop" song that has a strong saidi rhythmn throughout the entire song....I want to use it for asaya or tahtib and keep a strong folk feel throughout....?? Not really interested in Habibi Ya Eini.....tried Hanady (Y. Shariff).......any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!
    Thanks!!
    :O)


  2. #2
    Ultimate BHUZzer laura 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,516

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    I used this pop song by Rola for my student troupe's assaya piece:

    [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23j2h_rolaan-eznak-ya-maalem_music"]Dailymotion - Rola-an eznak ya maalem - a Music video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x23j2h@@AMEPARAM@@x23j2h[/ame]

    I've also seen a few dancers do Ana Wel Leil from BDSS 3.


  3. #3
    Fotia
    Guest Fotia's Avatar

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Laura, I am so glad you posted this song on Daily Motion because I can't get YouTube at work - I love this song!

    I also am totally in love with El Hantour - I usually listen to it (and improv to it at home) over and over again.


  4. #4
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Laura2 ~ I love that song....I already have a choreo to it and am tired of it....great recommendation.....that is the type of song I am looking for. thanks!! :O)


  5. #5
    A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single post. Lauren_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    14,534

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Oh, oh, oh -- Hanady!! Not just Saidi rhythm, but the instrumentation and styling seems to lend itself to Assaya. (Saidi rhythm is so common in pop, I always want some mizmar or rebab for assaya)

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nhfg0Y4-M]YouTube - ya hanadi[/ame]


    If you want something softer, Nagwa Karam's 'Oyoun Albi' has Saidi rhythm throughout and instrumental 'breaks' in between with mizmar. And Shira has a lyrics translation for it.


  6. #6
    Advanced BHUZzer JasmineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren_ View Post
    Oh, oh, oh -- Hanady!! Not just Saidi rhythm, but the instrumentation and styling seems to lend itself to Assaya. (Saidi rhythm is so common in pop, I always want some mizmar or rebab for assaya)

    YouTube - ya hanadi


    If you want something softer, Nagwa Karam's 'Oyoun Albi' has Saidi rhythm throughout and instrumental 'breaks' in between with mizmar. And Shira has a lyrics translation for it.
    Do you know what cd this on by chance??


  7. #7
    Master BHUZzer Michelle75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,729

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Here are some of my favorites I have saved.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaEK4k16tI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hoda Haddad - Alwad Hassenen (www.persianruby.com)[/ame]

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mge9vilacA&feature=channel_page]YouTube - ‫صرياً أغنية الب كدة غناء مادة هلال على مزازيك‬‎[/ame]

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7HkGCLGmg&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Esam-Geja---Semadah اغناني صعيديه عصام جيجا - صميدا[/ame]

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhlQPbHA72s&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hegazy Met2al - Boss 3ala El 7alawa[/ame]

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGFUYv30HWI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hegazy Metkal[/ame]


  8. #8
    Advanced BHUZzer JasmineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren_ View Post
    Oh, oh, oh -- Hanady!! Not just Saidi rhythm, but the instrumentation and styling seems to lend itself to Assaya. (Saidi rhythm is so common in pop, I always want some mizmar or rebab for assaya)

    YouTube - ya hanadi


    If you want something softer, Nagwa Karam's 'Oyoun Albi' has Saidi rhythm throughout and instrumental 'breaks' in between with mizmar. And Shira has a lyrics translation for it.
    Do you know what cd this on by chance??


  9. #9
    Master BHUZzer Michelle75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,729

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by JasmineRose View Post
    Do you know what cd this on by chance??
    I want to say it's Yousery Shariff CD.


  10. #10
    A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single post. Lauren_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    14,534

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by JasmineRose View Post
    Do you know what cd this on by chance??
    So far I haven't been able to find it anywhere except mazikana.com, under Yousry Sharif (not the dancer)


  11. #11
    tamrahennatx
    Guest tamrahennatx's Avatar

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Right now in my sets I'm using an upbeat song by Tony Mouzayek called "La Helwa Ia Zein" I got on itunes. It's on the El Clon soundtrack. It's a lot of fun!


  12. #12
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Michelle75...wow those are some awesome vids....I love the wedding one!!!

    Lauren....yes, I've already tried Hanady and the tempo is just a little too slow......I love that song though!!

    TamraHTex I choreographed a "modern saidi " piece after studying with Randa Kamel and it was to La Helwa Ia Zen....I love that song the beginning rocks out a little like 70's funk....hehe. YouTube - Rakkasah 2009 Aiwa She'Raqa was the first time we performed it....a little rusty) Let me know if you ever figure out the lyrics to this one....I hear him saying chocolate?? I researched and couldn't come up with anything....need Arab speaking friend.

    Thanks everybody for your ideas...I really appreciate it.....:O) !!!!!!

    I found one surfing around you-tube yesterday that I really like so far.....it is Walid Tawfik....Tegy Na'Sem El amar. It has a driving Saidi section that makes you not able to sit still in your seat if you tried. Shoulder's are moving up and down.....
    I LOVE SAIDI........


  13. #13
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    JasmineRose......Mazikana under Y. Shariff is what my ipod says too!!


  14. #14
    Established BHUZzer Candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    977

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren_ View Post
    So far I haven't been able to find it anywhere except mazikana.com, under Yousry Sharif (not the dancer)
    They sell the CD with Hanadi on an ebay store called Design Your World. Its blue and has Rico and the three guys in the video on the front. The song title is in the description of the CD. Its the first track.


  15. #15
    Master BHUZzer norma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,710

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by kajmir666 View Post
    Michelle75...wow those are some awesome vids....I love the wedding one!!!

    Lauren....yes, I've already tried Hanady and the tempo is just a little too slow......I love that song though!!

    TamraHTex I choreographed a "modern saidi " piece after studying with Randa Kamel and it was to La Helwa Ia Zen....I love that song the beginning rocks out a little like 70's funk....hehe. YouTube - Rakkasah 2009 Aiwa She'Raqa was the first time we performed it....a little rusty) Let me know if you ever figure out the lyrics to this one....I hear him saying chocolate?? I researched and couldn't come up with anything....need Arab speaking friend.

    Thanks everybody for your ideas...I really appreciate it.....:O) !!!!!!

    I found one surfing around you-tube yesterday that I really like so far.....it is Walid Tawfik....Tegy Na'Sem El amar. It has a driving Saidi section that makes you not able to sit still in your seat if you tried. Shoulder's are moving up and down.....
    I LOVE SAIDI........
    I was just about to recommend that Walid Tawfik version of Tigi Neksem el amar. I absolutely love it. You're right, you can't sit still. The first time I heard it I called a friend in the middle of night and played it on the phone for her. Love it! I have other versions of that song but I like his the best. But I love a lot of his music!


  16. #16
    Advanced BHUZzer mmouse1534's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,720
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    A lot of the pop songs are using Saidi as a back rhythm these days. But songs that "feel" saidi that have mizmar or other obvious saidi instruments I have not found a lot of. One I like it "Habibi Alli" on the Belly dance Superstars II cd. Its fun & upbeat with Saidi throughout.
    xoxo,
    -NJ


  17. #17
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    norma....that song rocks, I think we have a winner here (and the fact that I've choreographed half of it yesterday) I brought back 3 bamboo tahtib's from Egypt a couple of years ago and am dying to use them with my trio!!:0) I looked up lyrics and the title means....Split the Moon in Half.

    Mmouse1534~I am going to check into Habibi Albi from BDSS2 today.....thanks for recommending!!


  18. #18
    Ultimate BHUZzer kiyaana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,005

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    What album is this on? Any chance it's on "Belly Dance Nightclub"? (track 11) https://www.hollywoodmusiccenter.com...guage=english&


    Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    I was just about to recommend that Walid Tawfik version of Tigi Neksem el amar. I absolutely love it. You're right, you can't sit still. The first time I heard it I called a friend in the middle of night and played it on the phone for her. Love it! I have other versions of that song but I like his the best. But I love a lot of his music!
    Quote Originally Posted by kajmir666 View Post
    norma....that song rocks, I think we have a winner here (and the fact that I've choreographed half of it yesterday) I brought back 3 bamboo tahtib's from Egypt a couple of years ago and am dying to use them with my trio!!:0) I looked up lyrics and the title means....Split the Moon in Half.

    Mmouse1534~I am going to check into Habibi Albi from BDSS2 today.....thanks for recommending!!


  19. #19
    Master BHUZzer emma-bessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near penguins and polar bears,way up north.
    Posts
    3,393

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    I recommend a song called "Fi El Aweel" 100%-
    will check the artist and get back!


  20. #20
    Master BHUZzer emma-bessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near penguins and polar bears,way up north.
    Posts
    3,393

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    I found this on YouTube when I searched for the artist-
    LOVE THIS CHOREO!

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIiM6ioSHc4&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Fi el Awel - Mirage - The Reading Haflah[/ame]


  21. #21
    Established BHUZzer Candi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    977

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by emma-bessa View Post
    I found this on YouTube when I searched for the artist-
    LOVE THIS CHOREO!

    YouTube - Fi el Awel - Mirage - The Reading Haflah
    Its the lovely and talented Beafarhana's group


  22. #22
    Master BHUZzer emma-bessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near penguins and polar bears,way up north.
    Posts
    3,393

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Candi View Post
    Its the lovely and talented Beafarhana's group
    I need to take classes with Bea!

    Going to Berlin for this event:
    Oriental Fantasy - Tanzakademie Cifuentes - Events

    ...but should go to Farnham,I see now.:)


  23. #23
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Kiyanna~that is the title but I'm not sure who is the artist on that album....I know there are a few versions...Walid T is the one you want....my ipod says Now Dance Arabia 2007. I think Dr. Samy F. has a version too??
    Search under Walid Toufic...I believe that is the correct spelling...


  24. #24
    Master BHUZzer norma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,710

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by kiyaana View Post
    What album is this on? Any chance it's on "Belly Dance Nightclub"? (track 11) https://www.hollywoodmusiccenter.com...guage=english&
    It's on Walid Toufic Top Hits CD.


  25. #25
    Master BHUZzer norma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,710

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by kajmir666 View Post
    norma....that song rocks, I think we have a winner here (and the fact that I've choreographed half of it yesterday) I brought back 3 bamboo tahtib's from Egypt a couple of years ago and am dying to use them with my trio!!:0) I looked up lyrics and the title means....Split the Moon in Half.

    Mmouse1534~I am going to check into Habibi Albi from BDSS2 today.....thanks for recommending!!
    I found this translation on another forum:


    here you go ...

    تيجى نقسم القمر انا نص وانتى نص
    تيجى نرسم عالشجر حرفين اسامينا وبس
    lets split the moon two parts
    one half for u and the other for me
    lets draw on the tree our name letters

    تيجى نسهر كل يوم ونسهر النجوم
    وندوس على الهموم علشان ننسى القدر
    تيجى نقسم القمر تيجى تيجى نقسم القمر

    lets stay awake all through the night
    with the stars
    and tread above our worries to forget

    the destiny
    lets split the moon

    تيجى نجرى شمال ويمين
    زى فراش البساتين
    lets run east and west
    like fields butterflies

    والدنيا اتنين حلوين وانا وانت اجمل عاشقين
    حنعيش وحننسى الاه والجرح نلاقى دواه
    ده اللى ما يعيش الحياة خطوته تبقى السفر

    there is just a sweet couple in this

    life..me & you the best lovers
    we`ll live and forget the sighs
    and find the medicine for the wounds
    the one who don't live this life
    travel is his next step

    حنصاحب الابتسام وندوب ويا الاحلام
    ده العمر يا دوب ايام بنضيعه فى الخصام
    حبنا يسوى الملايين واحنا لبعضنا شاريين
    عندنا اشواق وحنين .. عندنا بعد النظر

    we`ll take along with smile
    and melt within dreams
    this life is just a couple days
    we waste it with hostility
    our love cost millions and we knew that
    we have passion and longing
    we have a good insight


  26. #26
    Just Starting! npeterko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    I was just about to recommend that Walid Tawfik version of Tigi Neksem el amar. I absolutely love it. You're right, you can't sit still. The first time I heard it I called a friend in the middle of night and played it on the phone for her. Love it! I have other versions of that song but I like his the best. But I love a lot of his music!
    Would you tell me where I can get Tigi Neksem el amar? I tried iTune, Amazon,...no luck. Thanks.


  27. #27
    Ultimate BHUZzer kiyaana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,005

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    npeterko, I asked, too. I haven't found it on the download sites, but the albums mentioned are available through Maqam.com.

    Walid Toufic - Arwa' Al Aghani - Top Hits #01CG1000865

    Various Artists - Now Dance Arabia 2007 #01CV1000162


    Quote Originally Posted by kajmir666 View Post
    Kiyanna~that is the title but I'm not sure who is the artist on that album....I know there are a few versions...Walid T is the one you want....my ipod says Now Dance Arabia 2007. I think Dr. Samy F. has a version too??
    Search under Walid Toufic...I believe that is the correct spelling...
    Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    It's on Walid Toufic Top Hits CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by npeterko View Post
    Would you tell me where I can get Tigi Neksem el amar? I tried iTune, Amazon,...no luck. Thanks.


  28. #28
    Master BHUZzer norma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,710

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    Quote Originally Posted by kiyaana View Post
    npeterko, I asked, too. I haven't found it on the download sites, but the albums mentioned are available through Maqam.com.

    Walid Toufic - Arwa' Al Aghani - Top Hits #01CG1000865

    Various Artists - Now Dance Arabia 2007 #01CV1000162
    There are many, many versions of this song. The Belly Dance Night Club version is not it.I even found 2 clips on youtube of Walid himself singing it. Neither version is the correct one, which makes it even more confusing! As far as I can tell the correct version is either on Walid Toufic Top Hits or on Now Dance Arabia 2007. I prefer the Top Hits CD which includes the Happy Birthday song.
    There's a couple clipson amazon. The 2007 clip has the beginning of the song. The Top Hits clip is part of the middle with the crazy mismar and male chorus.


    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Arabia-2007-Various-Artists/dp/B000KQGOEA/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1"]Amazon.com: Now Dance Arabia 2007: Various Artists: Music[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Top-Hits-Walid-Tawfic/dp/B000PMGOV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1244804195&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Top Hits: Walid Tawfic: Music[/ame]
    Last edited by norma; 06-12-2009 at 06:00 AM.


  29. #29
    Master BHUZzer norma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,710

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    This is the youtube version. Nice ,however not the one I'm talking about on Top Hits track 10 titled Neqsim el Amar.

    The video has more mizmar in the beginning and is a much softer than the version I'm talking about. The Top Hits or 2007 version has a heavy earthy sound and an all male chorus.
    Definitely makes you want to jump up and down. Almost a debke feel. It still has a lot of mizmar. The mizmar goes nuts in the middle. It's 4:45 in length.

    Oh and even though the video clip shows the cover of the Top Hits CD it is not the same version on the CD.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-lfgbLgu3s]YouTube - Walid Toufic Tigi Neksem[/ame]


  30. #30
    Official BHUZzer kajmir666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    267

    Re: Strong Saidi Arabic "pop" song????????????

    thanks for the lyric translation.....sweet love song!
    In my choreopgraphy I am slicing the air with my tahtib exactly where he sings "one half for you, and the other for me".....WEIRD! It works out beautifully.....

    I woke up in the middle of the night singing this song and now can't get it out of my head.....

    You are right, the Now Dance Arabia "07 version is way more "pumping".....


Similar Threads

  1. ISO Madonna Saidi song (lebanese)
    By lotus in forum Music Traditions & Styles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 07:06 AM
  2. Do you recognize the song from this Saidi?
    By Bellydancefanatic in forum Belly Dance Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. help me name this Saidi song
    By Teressa in forum Music Traditions & Styles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:36 PM
  4. Saidi song used in Shareen el Safi's Saidi for Stage
    By carolabrie in forum Music Traditions & Styles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 12:16 PM
  5. Need a Strong Veil Song for a Company...
    By RaqOn in forum Music Traditions & Styles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 08:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Statistics
  • Threads 40,665
  • Posts 591,102
  • Members 38,022
  • Welcome to our newest member, halmarhegge


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53