Hey all - While I know the good people at Folktours will have lots of plans and suggestions for us all while we're with them, I'd love to hear peoples' recommendations for Istanbul - bars, cafes, galleries, parks, walks, museums to visit (or places to avoid), and especially...costume shopping! Please tell me your favorite places to buy bellydance stuff! Who do you like, what are prices like over there, what's worth it to get there and what's not?
Also, in all the travel literature on Turkey, I keep reading about the drugged-drink scam, and it's nearly happened to several people I know, most of them male. Do ladies need to be concerned about this, or is it usually aimed at male travelers to rob them? I'm not really worried about it, because everyone I know who's been there has a fine time, and hell - I live in New York. Whatever happens here happens anywhere. Just curious if any Bhuzzers have an opinion to offer on this.
Venting: Sort of on that subject, even though I've been advised to read the US State Dept. recommendations on traveling there, I have to say that it reads like nothing but fear-mongering...if I only took their advice I think I'd have to live in a freaking bubble! Measles! Mumps! Bombs! Sheesh.
Anyway...costume dealers: the good, the bad, and the sparkly! Go!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Istanbul Recommendations?
08-03-2007 10:29 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- Gainesville FL
08-04-2007 02:00 AM #2Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Oct 03:ChicagoRaks 2014
- Oct 03:EGYPT RAQS! with Karim Nagi & Nourhan Sharif of NYC
- Oct 04:Moonlight Tribe- A Nuit Blanche Party
- Oct 11:Egyptp-Omania
- Oct 11:Snake Dance Theater Presents Egyptomania: A Love Affair with the East
- Oct 16:Aziza in New Zealand October 2014
- Oct 16:Hossam & Serena Ramzy workshops in Michigan
- Oct 17:New Zealand Belly Dance Retreat Weekend with guest teacher Aziza
- Oct 17:Master Class with Sahra Saeeda
- Oct 19:Shimmy AT Sea Belly Dance Cruise
- Oct 25:HOSSAM & SERENA RAMZY Festival in Edmonton, AB
- Nov 01:Mosaic Dance Theater Company presents
- Nov 02:Ranya Renee of NYC in Boston
- Nov 02:Lisa Zahiya in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Nov 02:Mosaic Dance Theater Company presents
- Unique Burgundy/Pink Bella -- ON HOLD
- Hot Pink Bra and Belt- Beginner
- **SEXY** Carribean Blue Black Lace Inlet Beginner Costume
- Black Velvet Costume
- Red / gold Gypsy / Bollywood skirt and choli top set from We3 Belly Dance
- Bubblegum pink / gold Gypsy / Bollywood skirt and choli top set from We3 Belly Dance
- NWOT Flirty Red With Yellow Flowers 2-Piece Oriental Costume From Dahlal
- Looking for DIY Belly Dance Costumes Resources?
- New Coverup, $50 (including shipping)
- New Coverup Dress, $60 (including shipping)
- CLOSET LIQUIDATION! Body stockings, gypsy skirt, cover up, harem pants, tie tops, cover up
- Holographic blue L Rose set (size M) - SOLD
- Red holographic Joharah - FREE shipping
- 25 Yard British Tribal Belly Dance Tribal Skirt black 4 tier
- Professional Belly Dance 25 yard Cotton Skirt
- Threads 41,216
- Posts 594,929
- Members 38,165
- Welcome to our newest member, delhielectronicsmart