Hey all - While I know the good people at Folktours will have lots of plans and suggestions for us all while we're with them, I'd love to hear peoples' recommendations for Istanbul - bars, cafes, galleries, parks, walks, museums to visit (or places to avoid), and especially...costume shopping! Please tell me your favorite places to buy bellydance stuff! Who do you like, what are prices like over there, what's worth it to get there and what's not?
Also, in all the travel literature on Turkey, I keep reading about the drugged-drink scam, and it's nearly happened to several people I know, most of them male. Do ladies need to be concerned about this, or is it usually aimed at male travelers to rob them? I'm not really worried about it, because everyone I know who's been there has a fine time, and hell - I live in New York. Whatever happens here happens anywhere. Just curious if any Bhuzzers have an opinion to offer on this.
Venting: Sort of on that subject, even though I've been advised to read the US State Dept. recommendations on traveling there, I have to say that it reads like nothing but fear-mongering...if I only took their advice I think I'd have to live in a freaking bubble! Measles! Mumps! Bombs! Sheesh.
Anyway...costume dealers: the good, the bad, and the sparkly! Go!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Istanbul Recommendations?
08-03-2007 11:29 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- Gainesville FL
08-04-2007 03:00 AM #2Upcoming Belly Dance Events
- Dec 12:London - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif
- Dec 14:Belly Dance Soiree & Holiday Bazaar
- Dec 14:Jewels of Bellydance
- Dec 14:Spicebox
- Dec 14:Improvisation Workshop
- Dec 15:Jewels of Bellydance
- Dec 15:NYC: Ranya Renee's 9th Annual Holiday Gala
- Dec 17:Geneva - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif 'Artist's Web'
- Dec 24:Club Bellydance @ The Josephine Theater in San Antonio, Texas
- Dec 27:Anna Borisova Intensive Workshops and Gala Show
- Dec 28:Cairo - Bellydance Business with Keti Sharif 'Artist's Web'
- Jan 07:Master Class with Bozenka
- Jan 12:Barakaat Belly Dance Company Auditions in Baltimore 2014!
- Jan 18:Ahlam Men Cairo
- Jan 24:East Coast Classic Competition & Festival
- Chiffon Bella Veils
- Randa kamel music
- NEW seagreen/lilac bellydance costume, Cup B - small C, 200 €
- Black Christina Skirt, Royal Blue Christina Skirt, Turquoise Christina Skirt with Veils and Anything Else That comes with it :-)
- Safran DNC, Tallinn
- ISO CD Tony Mouzayek Orient Vol. 20
- White cover-up or Saidi dress Tito's style
- 2014: Amel Tafsout in San Francisco January 25
- Looking for Black fringe Bedlah - Great Loop or Beyond basics
- Silver Sword Scimitar
- Yasser Furball Costume
- Amazing Crimson Pharaonics- perfect for the holiday season!!
- Looking for Ansuya video
- All my costumes, skirts, fringe and silk veil in one thread
- Heavily Beaded Purple Bra and Belt, $200!
- Threads 45,981
- Posts 654,605
- Members 37,402
- Welcome to our newest member, dora ariadne