+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By ErikaOH
  • 2 Post By Elibelinde
  • 1 Post By ErikaOH
  • 2 Post By Tatiana_MED
  • 1 Post By Zobeida
  • 1 Post By Zobeida

Thread: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit




  1. #1
    Advanced BHUZzer Elibelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,648

    Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    There are some gorgeous Madame Nusa costumes on Belly Dance Store - the bra and belt sets are just amazing -

    I'm wondering about the fit - especially the bras - is a "d" a "d" etc?

    Thanks so much!


  2. #2
    Mega BHUZzer Sahirah_Badr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Elibelinde View Post
    There are some gorgeous Madame Nusa costumes on Belly Dance Store - the bra and belt sets are just amazing -

    I'm wondering about the fit - especially the bras - is a "d" a "d" etc?

    Thanks so much!
    I owned a Lilac Noussa a few years ago. I LOVED it, the fit was very forgiving, comfortable and I believe mine was a D cup - and I'm a 34D, so Voila!


  3. #3
    Advanced BHUZzer Elibelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,648

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahirah_Badr View Post
    I owned a Lilac Noussa a few years ago. I LOVED it, the fit was very forgiving, comfortable and I believe mine was a D cup - and I'm a 34D, so Voila!
    Thank you!

    That's exactly what I wanted to know!



  4. #4
    Advanced BHUZzer ErikaOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,223
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    I own a Noussa D cup...it's my most comfortable costume although not a bra/belt set (it's a beaded skirt as opposed to a belt and skirt). I am also a D cup and it fits fantabulously! Her bras are very supportive, and also present the girls very nicely without being...as my husband would say...pornographic. From my personal experience, I can't recommend Madame Noussa's costumes high enough!
    Sahirah_Badr likes this.


  5. #5
    Advanced BHUZzer Elibelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,648

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaOH View Post
    I own a Noussa D cup...it's my most comfortable costume although not a bra/belt set (it's a beaded skirt as opposed to a belt and skirt). I am also a D cup and it fits fantabulously! Her bras are very supportive, and also present the girls very nicely without being...as my husband would say...pornographic. From my personal experience, I can't recommend Madame Noussa's costumes high enough!
    Thank you Erika! I'm D, HATE cheap looking costumes - so this is really nice to hear.
    ErikaOH and Sahirah_Badr like this.


  6. #6
    Advanced BHUZzer ErikaOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,223
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Elibelinde View Post
    Thank you Erika! I'm D, HATE cheap looking costumes - so this is really nice to hear.
    If you're on Facebook, you can find me and friend me (Erika Elliott) and I've got photos of me wearing it - in fact, I'm wearing it in my profile pic!
    Elibelinde likes this.


  7. #7
    Advanced BHUZzer Elibelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,648

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaOH View Post
    If you're on Facebook, you can find me and friend me (Erika Elliott) and I've got photos of me wearing it - in fact, I'm wearing it in my profile pic!
    Done! Request sent - omg that's a gorgeous costume!


  8. #8
    Mega BHUZzer Tatiana_MED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Elibelinde,
    Just wanting to offer a bit of caution before you buy... Hoping to save you disappointment if it doesn't fit

    It is a bit risky to assume that the BDS "D" cup will fit until you ask what band size it is referenced to or (what range of band sizes). This is because 32D, 34D, 36D are not the same cup size. See a post I created here for more explanation: How do you determine if a costume bra will fit?

    For example, Sahirah is a 34D. I am a 32E (same cup as 36D). But we can't quite wear the same bra, as I am actually one cup size larger. Generally, as band size increases, cup size will decrease for the same size of actual cup. So I'm a 32E, but can fit into 34DD and 36D costume bras because the cups are the same volume (just spaced differently). And because it's a costume bra and not a street bra, I can adjust the band to fit.

    So, as many other Bhuzzers recommend, it's best to get actual measurements from the vendor, or at least a street bra band size to give you a better idea.

    As for Noussa, I don't know if she uses only a few standard letter cup sizes or not (Voula would know best!), but I've owned a couple of Noussas and the bras fit me differently. I do agree with Erika that they are fantastically made and supportive.

    I wish you happy shopping!
    ErikaOH and Elibelinde like this.


  9. #9
    Advanced BHUZzer Elibelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,648

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatiana_MED View Post
    Elibelinde,
    Just wanting to offer a bit of caution before you buy... Hoping to save you disappointment if it doesn't fit

    It is a bit risky to assume that the BDS "D" cup will fit until you ask what band size it is referenced to or (what range of band sizes). This is because 32D, 34D, 36D are not the same cup size. See a post I created here for more explanation: How do you determine if a costume bra will fit?

    For example, Sahirah is a 34D. I am a 32E (same cup as 36D). But we can't quite wear the same bra, as I am actually one cup size larger. Generally, as band size increases, cup size will decrease for the same size of actual cup. So I'm a 32E, but can fit into 34DD and 36D costume bras because the cups are the same volume (just spaced differently). And because it's a costume bra and not a street bra, I can adjust the band to fit.

    So, as many other Bhuzzers recommend, it's best to get actual measurements from the vendor, or at least a street bra band size to give you a better idea.

    As for Noussa, I don't know if she uses only a few standard letter cup sizes or not (Voula would know best!), but I've owned a couple of Noussas and the bras fit me differently. I do agree with Erika that they are fantastically made and supportive.

    I wish you happy shopping!
    Oh thank you! That's very helpful.

    You know I am a little puzzled because some of the bra sizes say they'll fit such a broad range of under-bust measurements, and as you say, that can be misleading. So, I guess I should write to them and ask, will this really and truly fit?

    Also, the bra and belt sets they are showing - they look like beautiful work but they don't really flatter the model - and that makes me nervous. I wonder if they just don't fit her or what? The plain gold ones I mean.

    My thinking being, I don't want to look dumpy.


  10. #10
    Official BHUZzer Zobeida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NYC, NY
    Posts
    521

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    i am afraid to venture onto belly dance store cause i end up wanting seven new costumes every time....

    I would really be careful with cup sizes....i got two different costumes from them both with the same measurements of c/d cup but one was absolutely unwearable because it was more like a DD cup. I had to sell it....which sucked cause the skirt fit me perfect and it was absolutely gorgeous....

    So...I don't know about Noussa stuff from her but really look out for cup sizes....they vary wildly from cossie to cossie...

    Happy shopping!!

    P.S. Man...now i have to go check out the new costumes that are up...and i've been soooo good too....
    Elibelinde likes this.


  11. #11
    Official BHUZzer Zobeida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NYC, NY
    Posts
    521

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Elibelinde View Post
    Oh thank you! That's very helpful.

    You know I am a little puzzled because some of the bra sizes say they'll fit such a broad range of under-bust measurements, and as you say, that can be misleading. So, I guess I should write to them and ask, will this really and truly fit?

    Also, the bra and belt sets they are showing - they look like beautiful work but they don't really flatter the model - and that makes me nervous. I wonder if they just don't fit her or what? The plain gold ones I mean.

    My thinking being, I don't want to look dumpy.
    P.P.S...Just checked out what you were talking about...

    those are excellent sets. I've had two, one black and silver, one turquoise. Both had issues with the way the belt sat. It stuck out above the butt because the bottom of the belt is made as a straight line. They had to have elastic inserted to gather the belt in the back. You could luck out though in the way it will sit on your particular hips. But once they were fixed, they were my comfy go-to costumes to the point that the shine off the beading was shimmied off...
    The bra was super comfortable and was great pre-baby and post-baby on me...meaning two vastly varied bra sizes and comfy throughout....

    all in all...i think it would be a good buy...just make sure to double check the underbust....
    Elibelinde likes this.


  12. #12
    Advanced BHUZzer Elibelinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,648

    Re: Madame Nusa or Noussa - question about the fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Zobeida View Post
    P.P.S...Just checked out what you were talking about...

    those are excellent sets. I've had two, one black and silver, one turquoise. Both had issues with the way the belt sat. It stuck out above the butt because the bottom of the belt is made as a straight line. They had to have elastic inserted to gather the belt in the back. You could luck out though in the way it will sit on your particular hips. But once they were fixed, they were my comfy go-to costumes to the point that the shine off the beading was shimmied off...
    The bra was super comfortable and was great pre-baby and post-baby on me...meaning two vastly varied bra sizes and comfy throughout....

    all in all...i think it would be a good buy...just make sure to double check the underbust....
    Thank you so much! I need a good neutral go-to - so I totally appreciate the excellent advice -

    But - oh that store has too much temptation. I am TRYING to be good.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
  2. Madame Nusa
    By magdelenam in forum Belly Dance Beauty & Costuming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Statistics
  • Threads 41,136
  • Posts 594,326
  • Members 38,134
  • Welcome to our newest member, cryzhang


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200