Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Query on p+p




  1. #1
    Official BHUZzer Egyptianangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    221

    Query on p+p

    I'm interested in the next couple of months to order a couple of skirts through Moondancebellydance.com. However, when looking at the postage and packaging costs I thought they were a little high. Both skirts would cost $75.95, that would make p+p on top of order $33.85.
    Does that sound right to you or is it a tad steep?


  2. #2
    Master BHUZzer beafarhana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Query on p+p

    Depends... If the skirts are sheer silk chiffon, and light as a feather, then yes it's on the steep side. If they are 25 yard tribal skirts with masses of heavy fabric, or substantially beaded, then £17 is not outrageous. Particularly if it's being sent by the equivalent of recorded delivery so that it can be tracked en route to you.

    Just for comparison, when I was sending out my Secret Habibi gift, which was not particularly heavy, definitely not as heavy as a tribal skirt would be, trackable delivery to the US cost me something like £11.


  3. #3
    Official BHUZzer Egyptianangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    221

    Re: Query on p+p

    Hi Bea,
    They will be two satin full skirts. I guess they aren't going to be light. But the prices are based on how much is spent, not how heavy they are.


  4. #4
    Master BHUZzer beafarhana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Query on p+p

    Quote Originally Posted by Egyptianangel View Post
    Hi Bea,
    They will be two satin full skirts. I guess they aren't going to be light. But the prices are based on how much is spent, not how heavy they are.
    It still sounds OKish to me, but since you aren't in a tearing hurry, have you considered ordering through a UK vendor, like the shimmy shop or Whirling Dervish?

    Or making your own (circle skirts are a piece of cake, particularly if you can get someone to help with the hemline!)? Pattern here


  5. #5
    Ultimate BHUZzer steffib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    6,757

    Re: Query on p+p

    Can't speak for overseas, but Moondance's domestic shipping are towards the higher end, I find. I have ordered from them once, but certainly would order more often if their shipping charges were lower. Even though they have good prices, their high shipping charges eat up that advantage.


  6. #6
    Advanced BHUZzer Mosaika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,266
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Query on p+p

    Quote Originally Posted by steffib View Post
    Can't speak for overseas, but Moondance's domestic shipping are towards the higher end, I find. I have ordered from them once, but certainly would order more often if their shipping charges were lower. Even though they have good prices, their high shipping charges eat up that advantage.
    Even for very lightweight things the international shipping is terribly high, and i won't shop with them for that reason. There are lots of places that sell for about the same price and shipping is way cheaper.

    Magic city costumes is great, good pricing and very fair postage. GypsyMagda's is also excellent and very reasobale postage. I have shopped at both online stores and both ladies are very nice to deal with

    http://www.gypsymagda.com/catalog_frame.html

    I suggest you shop around a bit, even try ebay.


  7. #7
    Ultimate BHUZzer lizajuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    7,696

    Re: Query on p+p

    Quote Originally Posted by Egyptianangel View Post
    I'm interested in the next couple of months to order a couple of skirts through Moondancebellydance.com. However, when looking at the postage and packaging costs I thought they were a little high. Both skirts would cost $75.95, that would make p+p on top of order $33.85.
    Does that sound right to you or is it a tad steep?
    Our troupe were looking at their cholis and backed off because of postage. Look on ebay and those UK bazaars and www.aladdinscave and bellybazaar and forbiddenfruits


  8. #8
    Mega BHUZzer annwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Query on p+p

    I shipped to ireland, a small envelope with tracking was $21.....


  9. #9
    Official BHUZzer Egyptianangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    221

    Re: Query on p+p

    Quote Originally Posted by lizajuk View Post
    Our troupe were looking at their cholis and backed off because of postage. Look on ebay and those UK bazaars and www.aladdinscave and bellybazaar and forbiddenfruits
    I just looked at forbiddenfruits and you can no longer buy items anymore...cr.:


  10. #10
    kim sakkara
    Guest kim sakkara's Avatar

    Re: Query on p+p

    I think Moondance ships so many heavy metal things that their shipping rates were calculated based on that factor.


  11. #11
    Master BHUZzer Lilaravena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia/Washington DC
    Posts
    3,423

    Re: Query on p+p

    I know that my site has this auto-calculation on shipping that drives me nuts. what I have been doing is either refunding some of the money or tossing in a lot of free goodies.

    Contact them and ask them the weight/grams of the shipment. Then, make your own decision based on your calculations from the USPS website (or whatever carrier they may use.). ..g.:


  12. #12
    Official BHUZzer Egyptianangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    221

    Re: Query on p+p

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenadesigns View Post
    I know that my site has this auto-calculation on shipping that drives me nuts. what I have been doing is either refunding some of the money or tossing in a lot of free goodies.

    Contact them and ask them the weight/grams of the shipment. Then, make your own decision based on your calculations from the USPS website (or whatever carrier they may use.). ..g.:
    Thanks I will contact them and see what they say...g.:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Statistics
  • Threads 41,569
  • Posts 597,621
  • Members 38,258
  • Welcome to our newest member, behialo


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201